News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

San Antonio March 11, 2017

Started by scuzzy, March 13, 2017, 04:57:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

We had another good shoot in S.A. with 17 shooters coming out. All pre-regs showed up even though the weatherman claimed we'd most likely get rained on.

Thankfully we didn't get rained on. Got a bit of drizzle here and there but nothing major. It was damp enough though that all the target were sticking together when I'd hand them out.

It was a one day event and we did our best to get everything in. Even managed to get 4 AQTs done.

Many of the shooters were pretty inexperience but did get some pretty good improvement. The attitudes were very good to - even for those that had all sorts of problems. And it was safe - I only saw one muzzle sweep but it was addressed and didn't happen again.

We had two shooters get expert. One had already got a patch before so we didn't give him another one.

And the best thing of all - we got two new red hats out - both PaleRider and rbwatson both are now wearing the red. Congrats guys.

I'll attach a few pics that PaleRider sent me - I didn't take any pics myself.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

PaleRider

What a great day! We had everyone show up even though it was misty and muddy! It was a muddy mess, but everyone stuck it out! What a great family of five we had, and one person (Congrats, Kyle!) finally got his Rifleman patch! He'll be back for Patriot's Day weekend, too! Maybe we'll get him to take an orange hat???? Great job, Kirby, Don, Ron, and Jerry! Hopefully I didn't miss anyone :).....oh, Rodger :).
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

scuzzy

Quote from: PaleRider on March 13, 2017, 09:23:39 PM
Hopefully I didn't miss anyone :) .....oh, Rodger :) .

LOL - Roger doesn't count though.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Redcoat72

Sounds like a great time!  We are running all one day events, so it is good to hear that it can be done!
Director & Instructor
Project Mapleseed

Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 21-22 Mar 2015
Mapleseed - Bancroft, ON, Canada 25-26 Jul 2015 (210 Rifleman)
Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 5-6 Mar 2016(238)
IBC - Waco, Texas 14-15 Jan 2017
IBC - Lansing, MI 25-26 Feb 2017

"When it shall be said in any country in the world my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want; the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, there may that country boast its Constitution and its Government"
― Thomas Paine, Rights of Man