News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cheap .22 Rimfire

Started by The Old Guide, March 08, 2017, 02:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Old Guide

Midway has .22 rimfire, Federal on sale for six cents a round. This is the best price I have seen for over two years. Long term, the most reliable ammo I have seen is Federal with the fewest malfunctions. This could be a brief sale. Act soon.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/193520/federal-automatch-target-ammunition-22-long-rifle-40-grain-lead-round-nose?cm_mmc=pe_brand-_-federal_automatch22-_-campaign-_-20170308

Don't forget our Winterseed at Monmouth March 18/19.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

2ndMile

There is a rebate on there too. Buy $100 and get $10 back and a free T-Shirt
I live in Liberty! (no, really. I do.)

TallSteve

The Federal Bulk pack that is on sale does shoot pretty well.  Well enough that we keep some extra.  But we have consistently had approximately 2-3 Failures to Fire in a box.  It doesn't matter what gun we run it through.  If you understand that and are okay with that, then this is decent ammo and shoots well for 25 meter range use.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003

Prescott

Ammoseek.com has links to a plethora of cheap .22 ammo.
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

The Old Guide

Midway has a package deal TODAY ONLY for 4 Ruger 25 round magazines and a 325 round box of Federal .22 ammo for $89. That's a $50 saving.

In my experience we get fewer malfunctions of any kind with Federal than any other common brand. In a year I collect a lot of misfire .22 ammo. I fire it in my Ruger Single Six revolver. That hammer slams down.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

FiremanBob

The store where I work (Field & Stream) frequently has Federal Automatch on sale for $18.98/box of 325. This is 5.84 cents per round.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

Shooting North

Thanks Old Guide for the heads up, I was able to get a couple.
We will see you in Skowhegan in July, my daughter will be attending her first shoot, shooting rim fire. I will be shooting center fire. Can't wait!!
Thanks