News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Isaac Davis Memorial Range, Tallahassee, Florida March 4-5, 2017

Started by Engineer shooting, March 06, 2017, 12:30:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Several people asked who was responsible for such fine weather. A large contingency of Boy Scouts always a joy to work with the future!  Several came close to scoring. Kim cooked up some great chili for the instructor dinner.

All TEN instructors got a chance to shoot and demonstrate that their skills were sharp as ever. Did I mention there were TEN (10) instructors?
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Timber Wolf

Quote from: Engineer shooting on March 06, 2017, 12:30:05 PMDid I mention there were TEN (10) instructors?

It was great being 1/10th, many hands make light work. ;).  My Riflewoman-in-training and I will be back! 

gunjunkie

As always an outstanding weekend at IDMR. I would first like to thank Engineer Shooting and Lucky Lori for hosting such fine events. They are the hardest working and most selfless folks I know. They truly inspire greatness in all around them and I am honored that they have taken so much of their time to mentor Just Kim and I.

The weather was perfect and we had a fair turn out of scout's, many showing great promises. With 10 instructors they all had plenty of help honing their marksmanship skills. I think a few will go home with the rifleman patch their next trip to an Appleseed, hopefully they wont wait long. A productive weekend and can't wait to do it again.   
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

AdobeWalls

This was not entirely Boy Scout weekend, but it certainly was young people's weekend Appleseed, the future of our country. Yes, we had a full slate of Instructors and IITs, all of them capable and all of them crackerjack shooters and coaches of new shooters. All this is due to the way Engineer Shooting and Lucky Lori have attracted this cadre to their splendid facility, with their practical approach to Appleseed instruction and their smooth way of bringing along new and old talent. Most everyone camped on the range in the ideal weather, making it a true Appleseed weekend experience. Scouts learned a lot, so did the rest of us. That's what happens at the Isaac Davis Memorial Range, one of a handful of dedicated Appleseed ranges in the country. Full commitment. It shows.
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain