News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2nd Annual History Boot Camp March 25 & 26, 2017

Started by Graywolf, March 01, 2017, 07:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

This year's History Boot Camp will be on March 25-26, 2017 in Lapeer, Michigan.   Blue hats, orange hats, red hats and green hats are welcome.  This will be a two day event for EVERYONE to improve their history storytelling.   There will also be plenty of camaraderie.  Orange hats are especially encouraged to attend.  This is your opportunity to start climbing the "Mountain of History" that looks so daunting.

A history boot camp is two days of learning history.  There will be a little classroom work, some breakout sessions and a whole lot of fun.  We will be starting at 8:30 am on both Saturday and Sunday. 

Everyone is welcome to camp out at the club with us starting Friday at 6:00 pm, no charge.   If you need electricity there is a $5 donation per night.  There are flushing toilets and showers available.  Those without tents or campers can sleep inside the clubhouse. There will be a $5 charge per attendee.

Be sure to bring a comfortable chair, usual travel items for a weekend, notebook, a copy of Paul Revere's Ride and of course a teachable attitude.

Snipette has graciously agreed to do the meals for this event, so you know we will eat well.  We will  charge $30 to cover her cost meals.  They would include Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner and Sunday breakfast and lunch.  Feel free to bring your own food if you wish.  Be forewarned that lunch will be either very short or a working lunch.

Saturday after dinner will be free time, everyone is welcome to be our guest on the pistol range.  Caliper has something up his sleeve that will surely put a smile on all the pistol shooters faces.  Be sure to bring your favorite handgun or two, 200 rounds and a range holster (Belt strong side that will cover the trigger guard and maintain its shape without the pistol inside, allowing for one handed reholstering).

Preparation is recommended but not mandatory.  A good place to start is obviously reading PRR.  Over achievers can study the TIPS site history section.  Just like attending a regular Appleseed event the main issue is just show up and be ready to learn.

We need to know who is coming so register for free here
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lapeer-mi-appleseed-instructor-history-boot-camp-march-25-26-2017-tickets-31658481370

Any questions feel free to send a P.M. to Graywolf

Gary Kintigh 269-274-2292 (cell)

edited by number6 to make EB link a link
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

Graywolf

If anyone has a LED projector for the PowerPoint presentation, and is willing to let us borrow it, please let me know.  I ordered one two weeks ago and have just gotten notice that the projector I ordered has been placed on back-order.  (Of course they waited until the day it was supposed to arrive here to tell me this.)   PM me if you can help out.
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Caliper

Does it have to be LED? The club has a projector in the small hall that we can make use of.

Graywolf

I don't think it matters if it is LED or not.  We just need something to project on the wall with.