News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Smyrna Beach, FL - Volusia Gun & Hunt Club - February 25, 2017

Started by FLawyer, February 27, 2017, 10:36:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLawyer

Wow!  What a great weekend and shoot.  I would like to thank the 8 shooters who braved the race traffic on Saturday and Sunday to come out and participate in Project Appleseed in New Smyrna Beach.  Before the shoot I was sure that the traffic would impact our attendance.  It did not.  All of the pre-registered shooters showed up bright and early on Saturday.  We had everyone checked in and all the administrative paperwork completed before 8:30 a.m.  Ably assisted by Instructor TomM1Thumb and AppleCore SumAnnieOak we got everyone placed on the firing line, posted redcoat targets and completed all the Safety Briefing and Introductory materials completed so that we were in position and ready to fire the first shots at the Hits Count target promptly at 9 a.m. (when the range allows shooting to begin).
We noted the need for some instruction and launched right in to the firehose of instruction.  In spite of the slightly glazed looks on some faces, we were in position and shooting at the squares target by 10:00 a.m. By the time we were ready to introduce other positions and transitions, the groups were getting much smaller.  The entire Appleseed program of instruction for the first day was completed and the First Strike was told while gathered for lunch.  After lunch we lauched into the fabled AQT.  The very first AQT of the weekend revealed two (count em - 2) brand new Riflemen.  Doug (at his 4th Appleseed) finally broke through with a 211 (avoiding the bath with symbolic North Bridge water) and Angel (at his 3rd Appleseed shot a 223 (I think). 

We continued the AQT grind for most shooters with a couple of people continuing to work on squares to try to shrink their groups

Sunday was another beautiful day and all 8 shooters returned ready to go.  No new Rifleman were revealed, but both Doug and Angel confirmed their scores from Saturday with a 211 and 224 respectively.  A couple of people were knocking on the door, and by the end of the day, every single shooter had shot Marksman or better (including our first time shooters).  Huzzah.

A big thanks to Angel, Mary, James, Jonathan, David, Scott & Jackson for coming out.  There are a lot of other things you could do on such a beautiful weekend.  But you chose to come out and honor Lady Liberty.  Thank from Glenn Tom and Summer.

Tom (and others) have pictures to post.

Oh, both Doug and Angel expressed the desire to take up Orange Hats (paperwork to be processed shortly).  Not to be left behind, Mary asked to take a Blue Hat.

All in all, an absolutely great shoot and weekend - even if there were only 2 instructors present.

yours in Liberty,

Glenn
FLawyer
All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

9mm4545

If my cloning machine had been operational, I would have cloned myself so that I could have been at this event. Sounds like a really great shoot. Congratulations to our newest Riflemen! Now go forth, recruit others, and make more Riflemen. I can imagine that the two instructors were busier than a one-legged cat in a sandbox. Thanks for making it happen. And Glenn, I will not schedule another NSB shoot during the Daytona 500. Here in the hidden wilds of Florida it is very easy to remain ignorant of the happenings in your AO, much to your detriment! Thanks again for risking life and limb in race traffic.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

minnesotarabit

Sounds like a super successful shoot! Congrats to Doug on his rifleman, I did not even have to be there to kick his support leg in prone! :)

Glad the Race traffic did not detour anyone.

Sorry was not there to help, but LadySeed was calling....!

See you soon on the range -

minnesotarabit
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

Dougboffl

Woohoo - Praise Jesus Christ from whom all blessings flow! Got my Rifleman ticket punched!  And it was not a fluke since I was able to repeat on Sunday, :).  Although we had a touch of rain on Saturday, the weather otherwise was great!  Good to live in Florida.  Many thanks to all involved in my three previous and my most recent shoot.  Where are the pics?

Minutemom

Congrats to our newest riflemen!!  Way to grow our instructor corp guys - huzzah!!!!!  Thank you to instructors and students alike for your dedication  :1luvu
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

minnesotarabit

Doug, heard a rumor you took an orange hat?? Does that mean we will see our illustrious Sheriff on the line soon??

Sorry I was not there to see you make your score, you have worked so hard and put in some long dry practice, that I know.

Welcome to the cadre!

the minnesotarabit
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

hd1990

YAY!! A great weekend indeed. Thanks to the instructors over the weekend and all the others on my previous ASs. One of the reasons that made me want to grab an orange hat was you all. Some fine teaching (and lots of patience) going on there....

Congrats Doug! I hope to see you soon

I know some of the students are already practicing to go on their next AS.

.... OK back to practice prone again....

Angel

TomM1Thumb

My Bad!!!!!!!!!!!  pictures taken pictures ruined. Wrong settings entered into camera. But We did have a good event, really on my toes for this one.

I would have liked to have had, a little more time to  get down on the Ground helping the Shooter's See what Appleseed could teach them.

Thank You to all of the Attendee's As always You Make My day.
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine