News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

IBC Lansing, MI February 24-26 2017

Started by Superheat, February 26, 2017, 09:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superheat

2/26/17  A great Appleseed event once again and it was all due to the great people in this program.  I am Appleseed tired, again.  Will post more tomorrow and look forward to seeing all the pictures.  Thank you all, I am truly humbled to be among this group.

Monday my phone died.  I lost all my pictures.  Thanks to Snipette for sending me a nice group shot.  Also, Thanks to Rascal for posting all the pictures on facebook.

Rascal21

goodoldfriend

Thank you to everyone who made this event superb.

Here is a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson that describes some of what happened, "The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions."

I am still trying to keep all the information I learned from running out of my ears. I think this event can best be characterized as drinking from a waterfall...think Niagara Falls!

I think I have a glimpse of what Superheat means by Appleseed tired.

Best regards

1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

sluggo

A professional, superbly run, and excellently presented event!!-Cudos to Team Michigan for all of your effort,  and dedication, it is deeply appreciated.
Thank you so much for allowing me to participate!

Cheers-
The love of liberty is the love of others; the love of power is the love of ourselves.
-William Hazlitt

Super Trooper

I had a great time, fast paced, and learned tons.  Thanks for making the new guy feel welcomed. 
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

Texas T

An oustanding event. Thank you for the opportunity to "Border Raid"   O0 O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Cadence

Quote from: Texas T on February 27, 2017, 11:15:02 PM
An oustanding event. Thank you for the opportunity to "Border Raid"   O0 O0

Just wanted to second the sentiments of Texas T.  I was finally able to attend when my son said he was coming home for his birthday (2/22) celebration the weekend before the IBC. (He's the "Good Child"  >:D)
I picked up some good points on how to teach IMC and KD.

Great to meet the Michigan cadre. Appleseeders are always the best!!

Thanks for the Michigan patch - It will go on my shoot vest with pride. Hope to border raid this summer to Michigan and maybe Indiana.

I tip my hat to those who provided us with wonderful eats the whole weekend. Great Job!!
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Cadence

Just saw that Sluggo was on the forum - I didn't mean to slight our compatriots from up North  :-[ .  It was good to meet them also.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

devilkitty

Quote from: Superheat on February 26, 2017, 09:39:27 PM
I am Appleseed tired, again.

I concur -- but it's a good tired.

The same kind of tired that happens when you help a dear friend and her 76 year old father get 23 round bales out of the brush on the edge of a field, in the dead of winter, with only a flat trailer and two hay hooks.

We are doing the right thing, something that desperately needs to be done.

Who cares that we're tired?

That said, this weekend was better than I could have expected and something I very much needed. In more ways than one. Thanks to all who made it possible. All fifty-plus of you.
Charlie
Grovertown, Ind.

Have Blue Hat -- Will Travel
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." -- Thomas Pynchon
"A people who forget who they are will become whatever they are told they are." -- Graywolf

Grindstone

As usual, another great IBC weekend.

There were some requests for the IMC practice worksheet and the 5.56 trajectory plots that were posted on the wall. Those are attached.

I look forward to seeing you all at upcoming shoots. Remember to do your homework.

Super Trooper

Thanks for posting the PDFs Grindstone, those handouts are excellent.  :snipersmi
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

wingwrench

A great big "Bless You, Thank You" to all those involved with making this year's I.B.C. everything it turned out to be. What a great bunch of people to spend time with!!

.50calgrl

Our second IBC in two months, we thought the one in Texas was amazing but Michigan you all took it up a notch and put on an incredible camp.

Thank you all for making us feel welcome and it was great to meet so many new faces. We have adopted Michigan as our home state when in the US and working Appleseeds. Can't wait to work with you all!

A shout out to Snipette and Rascal21 for the AMAZING food as well as to Superheat for the informative instruction and keeping us focused and on time. To Graywolf, congratulations on your promotion! And to all the instructors who shared their knowledge thank you!

Biggest learning point from the weekend... Crisp, clear and concise - KISS

And to all the Orange Hats, you all did amazing! You will be amazing instructors. Huzzah!

Cheers,

Kelly aka .50calgrl
Qualified Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek Michigan (Winterseed: 216, 215, 218)
Qualified Mapleseed Rifleman Winterseed 226

Charley

Awesome IBC again this year from the Michigan crew! Yankee and I had a great time and learned a lot. Little Buddy definitely missed out. Hope to see you all on the trail!

Charley and Yankee

Superheat

Thank you Grindstone for posting the files.

Shep

Thanks to all who made the IBC such a great event; it was very well planned and executed.

Friday evening's medical presentation was awesome!

A special thanks to the kitchen crew; the food was delicious!

I'm hoping you'll have another one next year,

Shep
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

EZ3

I'll second Shep.  It was a great event, but the kitchen was the star.  Between the AC ladies in the kitchen and after-hours sampling of foreign MREs, I put on five pounds!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy