News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CFRPC Annual Ladies' Day event- Saturday April 8th, Orlando

Started by xsquidgator, February 23, 2017, 06:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xsquidgator

Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club in Orlando is having their annual Ladies' Day event again this year Saturday, April 8th.  We'd welcome any Appleseeders who'd like to come by to promote Appleseed at the event.   (I'm a CFRPC member, I usually work the Appleseed bay at this)
Appleseed will have a bay where we'll do something similar to prior years, where the lady attendees will get a taste of Appleseed and will be able to shoot 22 rifles on the line.  CFRPC will provide lunch and all the Gatorade you can drink during the day for all event volunteers, and will also be doing a couple of drawings for event volunteers to win a free Glock handgun.  It's a fun time and has been pretty successful at promoting AS- we've had a couple of families later in the year attend an AS shoot after Mom liked what she saw of Appleseed at this event.

If you'd like to participate, please PM me or email me chiefinstructor2013 -at- cfrpc.com, and I'll provide when/where etc details.
If you're a lady who'd like to perhaps work part of the day on the AS bay and then participate in the Ladies' Day shooting as an attendee, we can gladly accommodate that, too.  Ask TomM1Thumb about how well the drawings can go!

TomM1Thumb

Xsquidgator,

Sign Me up. that is one fun event. When do the tickets go on sale? Just in case I can find an interested party!

TomM1Thumb
" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

xsquidgator

Ladies' Day ticket sales will be announced here --> http://cfrpc.com/programs/ladiesday-main.html

Date/time not set yet, please check back at that URL frequently.
Each year, the 350 or so tickets they have sell out faster and faster.  A few years ago, tickets sold out in a couple of days, last year they sold out in something like eight hours and the web traffic almost crashed our server.

Here's a secret by the way but I didn't tell you- if you want to come but the event is sold out, come work as a volunteer for a couple of hours.  (not even a half day!)  The Ladies' Day Coordinator (Yvonne) will be able to make a space for you somehow... but you didn't hear it from me  :)

Quote from: TomM1Thumb on February 24, 2017, 02:09:46 AM
Xsquidgator,

Sign Me up. that is one fun event. When do the tickets go on sale? Just in case I can find an interested party!

TomM1Thumb

Minutemom

I will be there to help promote Appleseed/ladyseed!   Sent you a PM Tom (xsquidgator)
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

xsquidgator

Re meeting time for CFRPC Ladies' Day 2017 etc.

1) there is a Volunteer meeting that starts at 7am SHARP- please try to be at CFRPC by say 6.30 or 6.45 latest in order to park and walk to the Pavilion where sign-in is located.
You need to sign in, in order to get lunch from the club and to get entered in the volunteer prize drawings.  A couple years ago, TomM1Thumb won a free Glock in this drawing, so be sure to be there and sign up for it!

2) PLEASE send me your full contact info that is name, email, and cell phone number.
I would prefer please to get that via email to wagneth@gmail.com.
I will pass that information on to Yvonne Caruso, the CFRPC Ladies' Day Coordinator.

Thanks to all of the Appleseed volunteers!  I know we will again this year have a great showing from the RWVA, and I'd like to say that the club's board has passed on to me how impressed they were by that in previous years.
We just yesterday got approval from CFRPC to host a Ladyseed event there, probably in May, and this Ladies' Day event will be a great opportunity to promote that Ladyseed and Appleseed as well.