News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clearwater, FL 02/18/2017

Started by PHenry, February 21, 2017, 06:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Another safe and successful shoot at the Wyoming Antelope Club! We had some "repeat offenders" - always a pleasure to see you from Rich, Dan, and Jim to Chuck and Caryn. Many thanks for supporting our fine program.

We had some new faces as well with "J", his son Zack and friend Matt. J is the pastor at Stoneknives own church - way to 7th step Henry! We had a club member and NRA HPO shooter who also competes at HSC in action rifle. She is a NRA instructor and works with Shooter's World. I walked past her target early on Saturday, which displayed a very tight grouping, and remarked "Shoot like a girl if you can", to which she replied without hesitation - "You mean shoot like a woman don't you?"  ^-^ Well, "Tabby" proved to be a woman who knows well what she is about, scoring a solid 210 on Sunday and walking away with the coveted Florida-only Yottnottin patch, honoring Ms. Jackie Wells, the first AS instructor called home to meet the Founders. Way to go Tabby!

Andrew came with Shawna to assist her on her way toward Rifleman, but was apparently overcome with a desire to place well aimed shots on paper and on Sunday, he signed up to shoot and did well. Shawna went from a shotgun pattern to grouping nicely and scoring well on her last few AQTs - way to go! She persisted - the key to making score. As instructors we find it most rewarding to see someone go from a beginner to an accomplished marksman in a single weekend. It is better than any paycheck.

The weather was much kinder to us than expected with little more than a long sprinkle on Saturday and no rain at'all on Sunday. Lady Liberty i so often kind to Appleseeders.  :bow:

We had several re-quals with Jim, Rich and Dan posting some impressive scores. Time to transition to centerfire gentleman.  ~~:) Take your journey to the next level. I hold no doubt that you can do it. ThreeO'Eight will be running an event at Myakka next weekend - get some before the weather turns, well, more Florida-like gents.

We were treated to a brand-new, fresh from a RBC at the Isaac Davis Memorial Range in T-town - great to have you on board Marcus, AKA "Jerry2017". Marcus immigrated from Germany about nine years go to further his training as a radiologist and we are glad to have him on our team.

So, chime in a let us know what we did right, wrong and what we might do better next time. I hope to see all ya'll on the "trail" again very soon.
In Liberty,
PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

308LIBERTY

Much thanks to our new orange hat, Jerry, for coming out to work with us. (Which also gave me an opportunity to duck out and participate in a 15 agency, emergency preparedness drill on Sunday) Jerry, it's always eye opening to hear the tales of those who've experienced other political systems, first-hand, with dire warnings of the pitfalls of us letting our Nation fall into the same traps. Tonight I got to witness KrissAnne Hall lecture over in Brandon and something she said about the Constitution really struck me and parallels what we do in Appleseed. As we well know, the Constitution neither grants, nor even protects our rights. How can, it? It's only a piece of paper. The duty falls on all of us to maintain those rights. No one and no document can truly secure your Liberty but you. I'm glad all of you got off the couch this weekend to learn more about our Liberty, Heritage and Marksmanship. Now it's your turn to share it with others.

In Liberty,
Three'oEight
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

TheBeak

Thanks again for another really well run event.  I appreciate you guys.  I have a spare AR lower here just begging for a build... I should probably stop making excuses but I really wanted a higher score with the 10/22 before I brought out an AR, or to put my M1 back on the line.  (not sure I can afford to feed the M1 through a whole weekend event...LOL)

This was my first time at this range.  Really nice facility.  I have to do some head scratching and figure out if this is the better drive for myself more often.  I'd love to see some more of the facility. 

I'd love to echo the thanks to "Jerry" who gave some great perspective, some good first aid info, and for putting up with us, no matter how much wood we tried to drag.
'till next time,

Rich K.

stoneknives

Pictures are late. What do you expect of the 2nd worse SBIT in the history of Project Appleseed.  ;D
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

stoneknives

more pic's coming. having trouble up load  from the site I'm at.......your tax dollars not working.
:DH:
"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

Marquis de M

DOCENDO DISCIMUS: BY TEACHING, WE LEARN.

It was a pleasure to work with everyone of you, as I believe I learnt more from you all than you were able to learn from me! This time around for me it was like "See one, do one, teach one"  ::)

Thank you especially also to my Instructors for mentoring me so outstandingly  O0

Glad you enjoyed my active  :---  First Aid mini-Seminar! I will streamline it and put it into writing when I believe it's ready for prime time. First I thought 9mm4545 and I would present a multi-hour teaching seminar, but I believe it can be boiled down to about 10-15 minutes.

Maybe Appleseed would also like to mention an "IFAK" on the "Gear List" of what to bring to an AS event? I know the Instructors already have the gear, but maybe attendees as well...?

:F
---

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

---

PHenry

QuoteMaybe Appleseed would also like to mention an "IFAK" on the "Gear List" of what to bring to an AS event? I know the Instructors already have the gear, but maybe attendees as well...?

Whaddaya tryin to do - skeer em off?  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Marquis de M

Quote from: PHenry on February 25, 2017, 02:16:55 PM

Whaddaya tryin to do - skeer em off?  ^-^

OMG  ???  The law of unintended consequences  :wb:
For those who are scared of   :snipersmi  - teaching how to provide First Aid is like confirmation of their ill held beliefs  :'(
Guess those who are initiated, don't need any nudge, they already have an IFAK.

---

The only disability in life is a bad attitude.

---

PHenry

No worries sir. Education is the key to all human ills and people skeered to learn new things rarely ever do -  to their own detriment. I just like to get them to the event before I tell them about great bodily harm.  ;)

I have been studying medical texts for about two years now. My buddies think I have lost my mind, but I simply tell them that I wish to be my brother's keeper in more than just words. Should events call on me to render assistance to someone with a serious injury, I pray hard that I would not falter. It has always amazed me that most American high schools do not require at least CPR certification prior to graduation. Surely they could squeeze that two hours in between all of that critical stuff someplace!

308LIBERTY

Speaking of IFAKs, the one I put together for Appleseed, I used to only pull out for shoots, then it dawned on me how silly that was. I now keep it in the passenger floorboard of my Jeep, next to a small fire extinguisher so they go wherever I go. If I need a firearm to preserve life and Liberty, then it seems logical I should have all 3 items nearby, as often as possible.

I found a R.A.T.S. tourniquet in my Christmas stocking and I really like it. You can put it on with one hand in a matter of seconds. Maybe even faster than I can don a loop sling.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

PHenry

Funny you might mention. I just had the same notion recently. I carry extensive first aid, but only bring the IFAK when I go to a range for AS, RO or the rare personal shooting time. That's over. It goes in the truck along with the fire extinguisher I placed there a couple months ago after passing a smoking car on the side of the interstate. Publik Virtue! Huzaaah!

I will offer a small warning. In FL summers, your kit will fry and that means regular inspections and replacing items damaged by the heat.  :wb:

308LIBERTY

That happened to me once. Saw a frightened lady on the side of the H. Franklin bridge with her car on fire. Went in to retrieve her purse. Not an incredibly heroic action, but little things are important too. Now, the firefighter who showed up and ripped open the hood as flames billowed out all around him was quite impressive.

Quote from: PHenry on February 27, 2017, 10:56:00 AM
Funny you might mention. I just had the same notion recently. I carry extensive first aid, but only bring the IFAK when I go to a range for AS, RO or the rare personal shooting time. That's over. It goes in the truck along with the fire extinguisher I placed there a couple months ago after passing a smoking car on the side of the interstate. Publik Virtue! Huzaaah!

I will offer a small warning. In FL summers, your kit will fry and that means regular inspections and replacing items damaged by the heat.  :wb: