News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Orlando, FL (CFRPC) - Feb 18-19, 2017

Started by Mr Pete, February 21, 2017, 02:18:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Pete

Temp in the 70's and 80's...that is Florida for Ya!

It was a nice welcome back for Doug and Ms Angie and they thoughtfully seventh stepped their friends Chris and Crystal!  Even though it had been a while (2015), Doug and Angie have not lost any of their grit and determination.  I'm sure there will be sore shoulders for at least another day.  Jack (a first timer) was urged by a friend to just buy a rifle and show up...even though his friend had never been to an event.  Jack, please make sure to show and tell your friend how much he missed out!  Chris and Crystal hit everything head on and by the end of the weekend Ms Crystal (who struggled, strained, explored and experienced) came away with top score.

I could get all wordy but suffice it to say that xsquidgator inspired and let the program's magic run through the attendees as it did for us.  xsquidgator even taught me a few new tricks and I hope our shooters do their homework!

As a reminder to Doug, Angie, Chris, Crystal and Jack - you are well on the Rifleman's Path but we are always here if you need us.

Besides seeing old friends the highlight of my weekend was watching Ms Angie and Ms Crystal spotting and shooting for each other - hopefully somebody posts pictures.  After our shoot and SEE I think there will be some pennies pinched for new optics.  I had a huge grin on my face as the ladies openly compared the recoil characteristics of an AK, AR15 carbine and AR rifle length gas system!  Sometimes people don't even realize how awesome they are. 

Confidence, skills, community and humility...I'm glad I mustered for our perfect piece of America this weekend.

-Pete
"You will recognize your own path when you come upon it, because you will suddenly have all the energy and imagination you will ever need." – Jerry Gillies