News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fl Ladyseed in Melrose this weekend

Started by rambo granny, February 21, 2017, 11:55:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo granny

It is growing. There are more students in the works besides the ones signed up. Translation: I don't know how many we will have! It will be exciting.
I personally know of 2 who are not yet showing on Event Brite. What do the rest of you know?

Students & instructors coming from multiple areas.
Our lady cadre includes 3 Apple core, 1 IIT 0, 3 red hats.
There's even a new baby!
Huzzah!
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

Minutemom

Is Todd bringing the baby?!!!!!!!! ..:..

I have one more who is registering with a gift certificate code - not sure if she's showing yet?
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Cable___Guy

Baby and Mom are sick this week, looks like we wont be able to make it after all.
We will know for sure on friday.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Valkyrie7

I just formally signed up ... Work has been my number one priority for these first couple months of the year. Some medical stuff has change for me which has ripples throughout my daily life! Who's our ShootBoss for this one? I want to touch base with them about Blue Hat stuff.

Can't wait to finally make it to my first LadySeed in FL!
Rebecca
I would like to see every woman know how to handle firearms as naturally as they know how to handle babies. ~ Annie Oakley

minnesotarabit

Heard from JustKim and she and her other half (who is better) think they are going to make it, they thought LS was last weekend.

If someone can give me a cadre count form Saturday night so I brink the right amount of dead cow to Smoak, that would be helpful!

So very stoked we are getting to do this is COOL weather!
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

TheMenace

Just heard last night that two ladies from A Girl & A Gun have signed up. We did a one day intro for their cadre here at Palm Bay last week. They caught the bug! Yea!
Sons of Liberty!
Defend the Constitution,
The Law of Our Land
https://youtu.be/w6H12dyS8FI
Joshua 1:9

Minutemom

Oh my!  So many posts to reply to, but I'll try -

Cable__Guy - I'm so sorry your ladies are sick  :'(.  We will miss you guys terribly, and especially getting to meet the baby!  Keeping my fingers crossed that by some miracle they will be all better by Friday and can still come!

Valkyrie - Can't wait to meet you!!  So glad you'll be able to make it to your first Ladyseed!  Also so stoked that JustKim and hubby can make it - looking forward to meeting you two as well!

minnesotarabit - Girl, can I infer from your post that there is goin' to be some a'cookin going on Saturday night?  Is this just for the cadre, or are students invited as well?  This MAY just entice me to stay for awhile, even though it means I will have to feed my livestock in the dark, which I HATE!  I think I hate missing good food with good people more, though.

Menace - yaye!  Thanks to the Palm Bay cadre for reeling them in!!

crickets from pHenry......hehehe

See you all on Saturday!  Can't wait!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

rambo granny

Valkyrie
So very happy to have you! Bruce is officially the shoot boss & has taken some good natured kidding about needing to dress up as a lady since he is the official SB. Howeverr......
NEWS FLASH, HEIDIHEIDI IS DOING HER 3rd SBIT & Bruce as a designated shot boss (dSB) will be helping her out.
Minnesotarabbit
Have no real definite clue about head count as both Instructor ðŸ'¨â€ðŸ« & students have been in a fluid pool of change. That's part of the reason this thread was started to get a better handle. The one thing that is certain is that everyone is real jazzed about Ladyseed. There's even a possibility one group who could no make this event is asking about private event....ask Green Dragons. Additionally we have a couple of members from the AGirl & AGun group joining us. I hear tell they do a lot of stuff together so may get request from them.
Know what this means ladies? We need to get busy finding more ladies for IIT & Apple core
So more than just an annual event can be run.
Excited about seeing all my Appleseed sisters
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

minnesotarabit

RE Food - I have enough grass fed beef, home made whole wheat buns and potato salad to feed about 16. Anyone wants to contribute, go for it. Also bringing fritters to share for breakfast and a pound of coffee if Smoak can rustle up (or someone) a coffee maker. I just did not think it fair to Smoak and his lovely bride to do all the feeding. Also bringing some munchies for troops and one case water.

HELP! If anyone has Smoak's land line or tell me if anyone has cell reception (which I do not there), the lady coming with me needs to give an emergency contact number to the people checking on her Mom and Dad. Please text me at 904-514-0798 so I can pass it on as I am headed out within the hour.

So stoked to see all ya'll!!

Huzzah!!

the minnesotarabit
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787