News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Harvard, MA, Winterseed 02/18/2017

Started by hbennett, February 19, 2017, 11:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbennett

Winterseeds in Massachusetts never disappoint, and no two are ever the same. This year we were blessed with both plenty of snow, and plenty of shooters.   The temperature was 23 degrees at the beginning of the morning, with slippery icy conditions on the range.   By late afternoon it was a very warm  50 degrees and the shooters had to contend with puddles and mud.   

23 hardy patriots came out to give their best in hopes of earning the coveted and very rare icicle Rifleman patch.

8 shooters went home with a rare Rifleman patch.  Some qualified right out the gate, and a couple stragglers kept teasing
until the very end.   Not bad for a one day event!

Several, came very near, a one coming so close with a heartbreaking 209.

All  have been inspired to persist and persevere.   They will be back and another time, and they too will earn a Rifleman's patch.

Congratulations  to   David, Pam, Mark, Scott, Art, Peter, Dan D. and Dan G.   

Thanks to all the Shooters who  participated.

A HUGE thanks to the Instructors and IITs for making this event a success, and my job a lot easier.

Well done all around.

Focus Your Mind on Keeping the Front Sight on the Target
--
"I'm a free born man of the U.S.A."

Trebuchet

Thanks for running a wonderful event, a great time was had by all!

It was a great group instructors, working with a group of shooters who brought positive attitudes and a willingness to learn.

I've been to several Appleseeds, but this time I brought 3 newbies from the home club (Leominster Sportsmen's Association) and all three went home with their first Rifleman patch! (I also managed to finally acquire the elusive Winterseed patch with a personal best 239.)

Thanks again!

Rev.357

Great job Trebuchet. Good recruiting and good shooting. Our Winterseed in LeRoy IL was cancelled due to nice weather. Keep up the good work.
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.