News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waco, TX Feb 18-19, 2017 Texas has 2 new Red Hats!!!!!

Started by paul.rome, February 19, 2017, 09:18:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul.rome

Congrats to Jason Carr (AF5US) and Dan Ramsey (TxRebel) as they have earned their Red Hats!  We appreciate all of their hard work.

Paul Rome

TxRebel

Thanks for the help getting there and the tips and pointers. I'll continue to develop moving forward.

:F
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

AF5US

Agreed - very appreciative to everyone that helped us get to where we are (& I know we're not done yet  ~~:)).  I've got several friends planning on the March Waco shoot; I guess I have to be at the top of my game!

:cool2:
Rifleman:                          04/2016
Known Distance Rifleman:  10/2018
Pistoleer™:                          08/2019
Distinguished Rifleman:      07/2020
Morgan's Shingle:              12/2021
Standing Morgan's Shingle: 11/2022
Member: GOA (Gun Owners of America)
Member: FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition)
Life Member: NRA (National Rifle Association)

scuzzy

Quote from: paul.rome on February 19, 2017, 09:18:42 PM
Congrats to Jason Carr (AF5US) and Dan Ramsey (TxRebel) as they have earned their Red Hats!  We appreciate all of their hard work.

Paul Rome

Huzzah!

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Ghostring

SUPER NEWS!!!  ^:)^

Congratulations to both Jason and Dan!!!  Looking forward to y'all helping some of our other Orange Hats change color!  ..:..

Quote from: paul.rome on February 19, 2017, 09:18:42 PM

Paul Rome
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

TxRebel

Thanks guys.  A big thanks to all the January IBC instructors, and especially Kirby and Paul for helping me polish everything up to get to my red hat.  Now to do my first SBIT lol
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

.50calgrl

Congratulations to both of you Jason (AF5US) and Dan (TxRebel)! You all had mad skills during the IBC and it was evident that you were comfortable with the material and excellent instructors. Well done and Texas Appleseed is the better for it.

Congrats from your neighbours to the north!
Qualified Rifleman 3/2016 Battle Creek Michigan (Winterseed: 216, 215, 218)
Qualified Mapleseed Rifleman Winterseed 226

TxRebel

Thanks 50Cal. How's things shaping up for maple seed ?
- Edmund Burke

-Benjamin Franklin

Steck

AF5US

Thanks Steck!

I think that we both prove that we can overcome unfortunate challenges in life, like originally hailing from a certain firearms-restrictive state  ;D

scuzzy

Quote from: AF5US on February 28, 2017, 09:58:04 AM
Thanks Steck!

I think that we both prove that we can overcome unfortunate challenges in life, like originally hailing from a certain firearms-restrictive state  ;D

Well you got here as fast as you could. And I'm glad you're now here.

Quote from: Steck on February 28, 2017, 12:05:10 AM
Way to go, both of you!   ^:)^   ^:)^   ^:)^

And Steck - only got to meet you the once but and all I can say is you're a real sweetheart.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Texas T

Congrats, and thanks for all of the work and dedication that it takes to reach this level.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

TxRebel

Thanks everyone.  Happy to be here  (especially since I hate the color orange)
- Edmund Burke

-Benjamin Franklin

Redcoat72

Congrats guys!  Well deserved! 

It was awesome working with you at the IBC, TxRebel, even though your PoIs put mine to shame :)

Mapleseed is rolling along.  We are looking at putting on 8 events this year, with people demanding more every day!

-Kevin

Quote from: TxRebel on February 21, 2017, 12:05:54 AM
Thanks 50Cal. How's things shaping up for maple seed ?
Director & Instructor
Project Mapleseed

Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 21-22 Mar 2015
Mapleseed - Bancroft, ON, Canada 25-26 Jul 2015 (210 Rifleman)
Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 5-6 Mar 2016(238)
IBC - Waco, Texas 14-15 Jan 2017
IBC - Lansing, MI 25-26 Feb 2017

"When it shall be said in any country in the world my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want; the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, there may that country boast its Constitution and its Government"
― Thomas Paine, Rights of Man

AF5US

TxRebel

Thanks Kevin. I had a good time at the IBC with you. I'm excited to hear that maple seed is picking up monumentum. I met a guy in Arizona who was from Toronto yesterday and was telling him about maple seed. Anxious for updates as your guys program progresses
- Edmund Burke

-Benjamin Franklin