News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructors needed in Hollywood

Started by 9mm4545, February 16, 2017, 09:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9mm4545

We have a sold out shoot down south! Those who have been there know the range in Hollywood to be truly a cool place and one of the most rewarding venues in Florida. Now, can we interest any of our fine Appleseed instructors in coming out to lend a hand? We have students from 8 to 67 years old and the range's layout makes for a more than usual challenge in keeping everyone safe. In short, we need all hands on deck! Call me if you want to know any of the particulars: 904-424-3855. Thanks in advance, Bruce
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

smoakingun

we are talking 50 people on the line.
any help would be great
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.

Thomas Jefferson

rambo granny

Ditto on call for help as this is challenging venue to keep highest safety standards. These folks always make us instructors feel like rock stars...a very rewarding venue which attracts great shooters.
Y'all come
RBC @ IDMR 02/17, requal KD May 2017 @IDMR 49/50,
RBC IDMR 1/18: requal KD, Shingle shot & 2 MOA steel shot @ 300,
RBC IDMR 1/19: requal KD;  >100 events; Post accident>Adaptive 4 min AQT scored 5/1/22
This info block too small for ancient instructors.😉

The IMPOSSIBLE is Not always impossible when an IAO (improvise, adapt, & overcome) is applied! Add focus, creativity and stubborn to win!

Quote from a very wise man, our own amazing Scuzzy:
"Pray. But eventually you're going to have to pick up a rock." - David

B.C.

Ask not what Appleseed can do for you, ask what you can do for Appleseed. 
A great answer to that question would be to sign up for Hollywood next weekend and get down there for some great times!
We may have up to 50 shooters on the line with only 6 instructors currently signed up. If you love your country and this program sign up and head down south this weekend!
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

minnesotarabit

Sorry, gentlemen, just checked and I do have a work commitment on Saturday morning up here. Would have driven down just to help register if nothing else. If I can get it covered, will let you know.

the minnesotarabit
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

minnesotarabit

HI, just sent a note to see if I can get someone to switch with me. Let people know there are some nice and close airbnb rooms available to this range (Dania Beach) area for less than half of the cheapest hotel. If I come down, I may have an extra bed in my unit for a lady instructor/AC/RSO.

If I come down, may I do a strike?

Should know today or tomorrow if I can switch.

the minnesotarabit
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

B.C.

Thanks! Any help would be most welcome. Indeed yes, you may tell a strike of your choosing if you can come down to work with us.
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

minnesotarabit

Hi BC, I am signed up for both days AC/RSO. I will run rosters and have the RWVA waivers ready to go. Are you or Bruce receiving the kit and who has the handout paperwork? Do you happen to have a copy of the release from the HGRC so I might get those done in advance as well.  I am on request to book an airbnb near the range, should know that status in next 24. Let me know which strike you would like done, I will bring garb for Saturday, and whatever stories you need on Sunday as well.

Suggestion: make sure someone brings a bunch of extra L and XL and some 2XL t-shirts. The guys have a tendency to not pay attention and request the right sizes when they sign up, the default is a Medium (needs to be at least a L), and with 50 shooters we could be in deep water if not enough to swap out.

Let me know if there is anything else I can get ready in advance. I will be down Friday afternoon, hope we can set up, but if not, will survive.

It will be an honor to serve Lady Liberty with you! Looking forward to it.

the minnesotarabit

9mm4545

Extra t-shirts are in the truck. Extra t-shirts in the right sizes might be in the truck. I have the target box stuffed full and have been busy collating and stapling handouts. I found a dozen Hollywood Rifle and Pistol Club waivers and will print some additional ones for the shoot. Club members do not have to sign the club's release FWIW. I cannot remember how much (if any) range fees are charged but I think it was something minimal like $5/day. I should have all the details by Sat. morning. The only extra I might suggest is to be sure your electronic calculator has fresh batteries as there are going to be A LOT of AQT's needing scoring! Of course your math skills may not require the use of such crutches... Setting up on Friday pm will definitely be possible and we will probably have some help around. See you there.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

Cable___Guy

Bruce,
I am checking  if I can clear my weekend (i.e. get Grandma to baby sit)
Is everyone camping at the range ? Group dinner ? Are there bathrooms by the camp area , and would a Hammock be ok?
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

minnesotarabit

9mm4545, they might get stuck with the neon pink Medium, then.... :)  I will bring my slide rule and abacus.

Cable_guy will be great to see you, hope you can make it!!

Is there any way our roster can be checked by their range to indicate who is a member prior to registration Sat. a.m.? It would speed things up plus make it easier on their members.

BC asked me to deliver the 3rd strike....thank you for your vote of confidence, Sir! 3 strikes and the British are...OUT!

Really looking forward to being of assistance this weekend.

Anyone needs to carpool from around DeLand let me know. I have a truck you can throw your gear in. Will be headed down early-mid afternoon on Friday.

minnesotarabit

9mm4545

Don't think I know of a way to determine who is a range member or not. Just ask them. I will find out how the range fees for members are handled. IIRC, everyone paid but the fee is pretty minimal.