News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Winterseed Saratoga, NY February 11, 2017

Started by Grumpy1, February 13, 2017, 07:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grumpy1

This was my first planned Winterseed.... Working with Mother Nature is a logistical nightmare.
Just a few days prior it looked like there was no chance of this working out, highs in the mid to upper 40s in February?  The event was sold out the waiting list was filled, but we were hopeful, that temps would stay close enough to that freezing point, that it could happen.

Well it DID!! ^:)^

Friday Night into Saturday morning brought a few inches of fresh snow on top of the already in place 8" of base , temps never broke the plus side of the freezing point all day.
This was a Great event, 20 students many returning Rifleman, trying to obtain the elusive patch, along with some first time Appleseeders, just looking to improve marksmanship skills. This Event ran very smoothly, (after some necessary snow removal from the shooting lanes) !@#)

After we finished the morning Red Coat and verifying zeros, We moved some of the previous Rifleman and Instructors to the KD range to cycle thru RFAQTs. By mid afternoon, both ranges we on AQTs, and I was beginning to think, that I may not have brought enough patches, but we had enough, and maybe even a few more for the next one.

Congratulations to our New Riflemen!
Chris 224 :~
Mark 218 :~

Congratulations to our requalifing Rifleman!
Casie 223 :~
Georgia 227 :~
Bob  216  :~
Dave 235  :~
Sam 240  :~
Rick 223  :~
Dan 225 :~
Maisey 222 :~
Greg 224 :~
James 217 :~
Dan 222 :~
Kyla 226 :~
Pat 229 :~
Keith 213 :~

These scores were easy to come by, many vereran Appleseeders commented on many equiptment failures, combined with cold hands and feet, glasses fogging up, slippery mats it was tough, but Rifleman Prevail!

We produced more than Riflemen at this event, Three Qualified Shooters Stepped Up to take Their Appleseed Experience to the next level, and become Instructors.

Noexcuses  O0

White Paladin  O0

Madison  (screen name pending) O0

I want to Thank the members of SaraSpa for the use of their facility.

I also want to Thank my Instructors who made this event possible,,
Sureshot
Drifter52
Noratoga
Gregch44
longrange
HistoryBuff
Sharebare
Keith1

Big Thanks to Dan for providing us with a HOT LUNCH :bow:, That was much appreciated!

See You All in April...
Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Boru

Congratulations Grumpy1, Great event, it ran like clockwork! O0
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine

SteelThunder

WOW!!!  That's the way to run a Winterseed.   :F :1luvu
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Cadence

Congratulations to all - Instructors and students!!  O0

Mother Nature can be fickle  Glad to hear it worked out.

We had a similar situation here in NW Ohio last month. Temps the weekend before (high 50's) and the weekend after (mid 40's).
Winterseed weekend was just right!
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

goodoldfriend

I was at the event Cadence mentioned. Wonderful that nature smiled on both of these events.

And congratulations to those who are stepping up!
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

REDACTED

It was a great time and the Hot dogs Made all the difference!
Never in Writing, Always in Cash!

Grumpy1

Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

kimbers

VietVet

Congrats to ALL involved. Another very successful NEW YORK event.  :bow: O0

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

Dude

Congratulations to all. Outstanding work. As it turns out, I was in Colorado, where it was 72 that day!  Go figure!
Strength and honor

Semper SOM/SOM

Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans, and must be that of every free state. --Thomas Jefferson

Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty. --Thomas Jefferson

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose