News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

San Antonio, TX AAR - Feb 10-11, 2017

Started by scuzzy, February 12, 2017, 12:57:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

It was a great first shoot in San Antonio. Tim, one of the IITs, had got this range setup. Thanks Tim.

We had 4 people out the first time here. We had Dan, Bill, Kyle, and Neil out. We got one rifleman out of the bunch, Neil,  and the others were in the 190s by the end of Saturday.

Our IITs did great. I'd never worked with PaleRider, an IIT3 (now about to be a 4 and a redhat in March) and he had his instruction, and history, down VERY well.

TxRebel did his first shoot this weekend. He'd attended the Waco IBC last month. We'd all determined back then that if he did well we'd advance him to an IIT3. Which I will do. He'd studied like crazy for this weekend and it showed. Thanks for coming out.

The shooters were great. There was not one single safety issue and the attitudes were really good.

Unfortunately I only took one picture while there. But it's a good one.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Mrs. Smith

O0

Way to go, gang! Congrats on the massive leapfrog, TxRebel. Sounds like you dang well earned it!
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

scuzzy

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on February 12, 2017, 05:47:58 PM
Sounds like you dang well earned it!

Yup - he sure did. I'm not easy to please and both Rebel and Tim did so. I was truly impressed with both of them.
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

TxRebel

Thanks Scuzzy and Mrs. Smith.  I had a great time and learned a lot.  Doing another one in Waco this weekend and looking forward to it.  Got to meet some great people and we had shooters with teachable attitudes.  It was a good event
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

PaleRider

Scuzzy,
So great working with you and TxRebel! It was a great first shoot! I have a few pics  ^:)^! Looking forward to next month!
PR
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Two Wolves

Congratulations and a big Atta boy  O0  to Pale Rider a.k.a. Tim for acquiring a new shooting venue in San Antonio. The Fredericksburg crew is looking forward helping this become a success. Scuzzy, Didatic and TxRebel, great to see you guys and Chad and Jerry [where's Jerry], thanks for stepping up and helping out.  Regards, Two Wolves    :cool2:
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

PaleRider

Thanks, Roger! I really appreciate you showing up to support us!
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8