News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

El Paso, TX, AAR - Feb. 4-5, 2017

Started by Ghostring, February 07, 2017, 05:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghostring

An EXCELLENT Appleseed in El Paso, Texas!  ^:)^

Even on a Superbowl weekend, we were privileged to have 13 (an auspicious number, to be sure!) PATRIOTS show up on a glorious day to learn not only marksmanship, but also the Heritage of our Country's founding, all at the El Paso Community College INDOOR Range and Classroom facility!  It is quite the fantastic facility.  We hung all the flags across two walls, and the British Advance/Retreat banners from another!  Any Appleseed held at that venue has the makings of quite the WIN!

Our very own Jerry Hall and Ghostring did the Three Strikes, while two of our recent Texas Instructor Boot Camp Orange Hats (Mr. & Mrs. Smith) presented Dangerous Old Men and Women!  Each of them called the line and helped to instruct, and so were able to pass their PC1 AND PC2!!!  Our Instructor cadre also included the very amiable RT_Mouse, who was not only able to pass his PC1 exam, he was a good sport about modeling the sitting position -- and called the line with aplomb!  ;)

We saw significant improvement in marksmanship throughout the event, with Chris and Shady both scoring rifleman with a 235 and 214 (then a 222!), respectively.  Many of our new shooters ended the weekend seeing Marksman scores -- well on their way, they were!

Significantly for the Appleseed project in the El Paso area, 5 of the 9 Sunday attendees were moved to 7th step, with both of our Riflemen/women taking up the Orange Hat, and three (another couple + one more!) volunteering for Blue Hats!  HUZZAH!
All in all, a GLORIOUS DAY for El Paso, Appleseed and our great Country!  :F
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

scuzzy

Quote from: Ghostring on February 07, 2017, 05:05:47 PM

Significantly for the Appleseed project in the El Paso area, 5 of the 9 Sunday attendees were moved to 7th step, with both of our Riflemen/women taking up the Orange Hat, and three (another couple + one more!) volunteering for Blue Hats!  HUZZAH!
All in all, a GLORIOUS DAY for El Paso, Appleseed and our great Country!  :F

HUZZAH!!!
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Mrs. Smith

:)). Huzzah, indeed!! Ghostring and Jerry Hall deserve extra credit for ramrodding a passel of IIT0s on their very FIRST event as part of the instructor cadre. RJ_Mouse, Mr. Smith, and I were pleased to see that both of them left with the same amount of hair ;) they showed up with!

We are all tickled to welcome Rifleman Chris and Shady to the team. Shady's brother Taylor and my friends Alex and Emma taking Blue hats was an awesome bonus!!!

As soon as I can figure out picture attachments I'll post some  :1luvu
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

scuzzy

To add pics when posting click on 'Attachments and other options' below the text entry box. There is a '+' sign to the left of that text. Click it. That area will expand and you'll see a button which says 'Browse' that you can click to select pics off your computer to add.

There is a size limit on the pics of 5M which is huge actually. However each post can only add up to 10M. That's why some people do multiple posts to add their pics.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Ghostring

Thanks, scuzzy!  Pictures attached - GR   ..:..

P.S.  - That range is AWESOME  :1luvu
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

Jerry Hall

This was an extremely enjoyable event for me, I got to get down on the line and Instruct!!!
Many thanks to our Instructor Cadre; we were on Mission and we were on Message.
And then, last but not least: Thank You Jim for relieving me of the duties of Shoot Boss for this event, I needed it!
To all of our awakening participants, thanks for showing up to make this event possible.
Here's looking forward to seeing more of Y'all and bring a friend, it'll be more fun...
"till we meet again. Happy Trails."
Jerry 
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."