News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Isaac Davis Memorial Range, Tallahassee FL Feb 4-5, 2017

Started by AdobeWalls, February 07, 2017, 12:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdobeWalls

This event followed an RBC, and some new IITs got to show what they now know and can demonstrate for the education of student shooters. We had a walk-on student shooter, and several red hats from the RBC stayed over to give these new IITs a taste of what's about to happen to them out on the Appleseed trail. They were good sports about it and recovered smoothly.
It was interesting to follow the RBC closely, with lots of experienced instructors electing to continue shooting (requalifying) and the new IITs modeling that as well. Of course, when Mr. Stopwatch comes to the line, breakdowns are soon to follow. The new IITs also got a chance Sunday to shoot the 100yd AQT, and found that formidable too. What is easy that is worth doing?
Most of us camped on the range throughout the two events, and the weather was splendid, like the company.
During the histories, we often pose the question: How many people could you get today - with mobile phones and the like - to answer the call, come defend liberty? For a long time I felt a kind of shame when attempting to honestly answer that question, but now I feel better. Because I can report that they are already here. And that's why I'm in Appleseed. Maybe that's why we're all here . . .
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

Timber Wolf

Good times, good times.  Six days of RBC was not enough, had to hang in for two more!

sleepy

No such thing as too much practice. More than anything, it was helpful to see the world from a red hat's eyes.

Thanks for the chance to build quickly on the foundations already there.