News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR, Lapeer Mi Winterseed Jan 28-29 2017

Started by Caliper, February 02, 2017, 11:02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliper

It's been a mild winter so far, but Michigan at least mustered up a bit of snow and sub-freezing temps for us last weekend! A small group of dedicated marksmen (and woman) felt up for braving the conditions. The chase for the winterseed patch was strong, but just out of reach (209!  :'( ) despite many AQT's shot. Well, a Rifleman persists! I know that everyone shooting had the skills coming together to get that patch and hope to see many faces back in the future!

Caliper

Time for some pics... 

Saturday

Sunday

Superheat instructing Six Steps and IMC

Looks like Superheat needs to review safe rifle though!  ;D

Superheat

First off, Congratulations to number 6.  You passed the test by catching my magazine.

T.Wolf,  You are so close, most of us can relate with you.  It seemed it was one thing or another that kept you from 210.  I look forward to being there when you make it.

Mike, It was great to meet you and I look forward to seeing you at the next event.  Those linemen are persistent.

Sam,  It seemed you were having a great time.  I want to see what happens to your groups if we try a different rifle.  BTW, tell Max we said to behave so he can come back,  we missed him. 

goodoldfriend

Well done! It looks like there are Riflemen knocking on the door! Keep up the good work and persist. It is worth it.

Looks like you had it a bit more winter like than we did down in Liberty Center.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

T. WOLF

First off: a heartfelt Thank You to the Appleseed team for spending their weekend out on a snow-covered range with such a small group. You guys are dedicated. We appreciate you accommodating Sam and I coming in late on Sunday, looking rough and probably stinking of campfire. We spent the previous day & night hammock-camping out in the Lapeer state game area, testing our mettle and scouting for small game. We didn't find any wildlife out there, but our gear held up well, and we came out a little wiser.

This was our third Appleseed event, and I'm not going to lie - I was pretty disappointed not to walk away with my patch. I was right on the cusp, but will have to be patient and wait for another opportunity this spring. I couldn't stay bummed for too long though, because this was still my best day of shooting by far. I was able to get through a full day without being sabotaged by equipment malfunctions. I can't tell you how enjoyable it felt to have my rifle and scope working correctly. It gave me the freedom to focus on my fundamental technique rather than fretting over my equipment, and it made a huge difference. I still need to find a little more consistency in my NPOA, but it feels like it's all finally coming together. So, thank you guys for all of the effort you've put in to developing my skills over the past few months. It was awesome how many AQT's we plowed through on Sunday - that was just what I was hoping for.

Til next time,
T.WOLF
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

T. WOLF

Caliper, et al - thank you guys for capturing pictures at these events. It's kind of hard for us to do that ourselves, and it gives us something to share with our friends & family who didn't join us. I share them with my wife and step son, hoping they will warm up to the idea of joining me on the range.

I'll try to attach a few pics from our camping adventure on Saturday. Can't seem to embed them in the post...
"There is nothing which I dread so much as a division of the republic into two great parties, each arranged under its leaders, and concerting measures in opposition to each other." ~John Adams 1780

T. WOLF

M. McCarthy

Thanks to everyone for a great weekend. I had a great time meeting all of you. The marksmanship training was very informative. I feel like I need to practice my routine and hopefully I'll develop tighter and more consistent grouping.

I was surprised how little I knew about the history of our nation. I look forward to learning more about the revolution.

I really do appreciate all of our instructors and volunteers. You were all really fun to work with. I'll be back for another event ASAP.

T. WOLF

McCarthy, were you with us on Sunday? It was nice shooting with you. I forgot to ask where you're from.

M. McCarthy

Quote from: T. WOLF on February 05, 2017, 12:15:42 AM
McCarthy, were you with us on Sunday? It was nice shooting with you. I forgot to ask where you're from.

Yeah, that's me. It was very fun shooting with you and Sam. I'm in St Clair county, just over the county line from Macomb. Near 26 Mile Rd and I-94.

I'm looking at my schedule for the rest of the year and hopefully I'll see you again at the next event. I hope you get your rifleman patch next time. That was tough watching it be so close. You shoot very well, regardless.