News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Liberty Center Lodging

Started by Mutant Texan, January 21, 2017, 11:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutant Texan

I am trying to decide on if I will make the 62 mile drive each way from my house to the Liberty Center Range or to find lodging near by.  I see that Toledo has a lot of options available around the SW part of the 475 loop in terms of places to eat and sleep.  I doubt that I will be in the mood for eating at a nice place.  A simple hot shower, cheese burger and a good nights rest is all I would want.

The other option is to camp in my car at the range if it is allowed.  I am not sure if I would prefer comfort or saving money the most.  If we have access to the lodge, we could get the best of both worlds.  Sleep indoors with a sleeping bag and a nonexistent commute would give us plenty of down time to recover ðŸ'¤.

-Mutant Texan
"Their drills are bloodless battles, and their battles bloody drills."

Flavius Josephus, Jewish Historian, AD 37--101, on the Roman military

goodoldfriend

The site information lists that there are 12 campsites. I sent Little Buddy a message asking about that today. I am going to try sleeping in my car tonight....Should be fun.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

little buddy

The club house has heat you will be able to sleep inside we just have to hammer out the time for one of us to unlock the gate and the club house or another board member could unlock the club house let me know your time frame and I will do my best to have the cub house unlocked.

Little Buddy

little buddy

Liberty center will have lunch as always and we will have coffee tea hot chocolate plenty of water please bring a coffee cup for your self. lunch and the coffee hot chocolate hot tea will be for a 5.00 per a person per a day donation this does not include the range fee of 5.00 per a person per a day donation. camping is available out side or indoors there will be heat in the club house so if you have a cot or sleeping bag bring it to save money as hotels can get expensive other instructor and student will be staying at the club house.

Thank you,

Little Buddy

PaRifle1777

Hello Little Buddy,
I just completed registration for my son and I.  If possible we would like to sleep indoors in the clubhouse.  Please let me know if there is space available.  We will be driving from south of Columbus and plan to leave here around 4:00 PM Friday.  That should put us there around 8:00 PM, allowing time to stop for dinner.

Thanks for your help.

Really looking forward to it.

little buddy

There will be room goodoldfriend will be staying you can pm him to see what time he will get there I have to work Friday but I have everything arranged for another board member to unlock the club house goodoldfriend has the board members name and number to let you guys in just bring a cot and sleeping bag. Do not drink the water it's not potable there will be blue containers with water in them use them to drink/brush your teeth you can fold up some tables if you need more room to sleep. If you have any problems you can call me (mark) at 419-308-9637 or my wife Ashley she is a board member also 419-346-9472 do not text call only. please look at the other thread for directions you electronic device may not be correct.

Thank you,

Little BUddy