News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Annapolis, MD 1/14/2017

Started by Vjornaxx, January 15, 2017, 08:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vjornaxx

It was a cold wet day in Annapolis with snow and freezing rain forecasted. Fortunately, that did not deter three students to come out and learn about our heritage of marksmanship! Thank you to Jeff P, Karl H, and Jon S! Unfortunately, there was no snow - only rain all day and the shoot was not eligible for Winterseed - sorry, Karl!

Due to the class size, the shooters were able to receive a lot more one-on-one training; and despite it being a one day event, we were able to move through the topics at a brisk pace. The improvement seen throughout the day was testament to the caliber of students who attended. Not only did we see generous improvement, but we saw enthusiastic answers to the 4 Questions at the end of the day. We managed to squeeze in 3 AQTs in addition to a Carding The Sights drill.

Karl H drove from Virginia in hopes of earning his Winterized patch, but instead came away with a personal best score of 224 shot with irons. Not a bad takeaway, if I do say so myself! Congratulations, Karl; I'm sorry that the weather was not terrible enough! If last February was any indicator, the next shoot at Annapolis should be Winterseed eligible.

Jeff P has been a regular attendee at previous events and despite his excellent effort, he's never quite broken through (he scored a 209 at the last event!). I'm proud to say that he has finally earned his Rifleman patch! This is a man who knows very well what he is about. Welcome to the fold, Doc!

Jon S also drove up from Virginia to attend his first marksmanship class ever. I must say, with his dedication to succeed and his teachable attitude, it is no surprise that he showed as much improvement during a one day event as he did. He started without clearing a single Redcoat in the morning, to almost cleaning the Redcoats (1 miss at 400!) in the afternoon. Well done Jon - keep at it!
"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true."

Orion59

You don't need snow to qualify for a Winterseed.  A cold rain makes for miserable conditions and meets Winterseed criteria. Shoot Boss' discretion.
We can have no '50-50' allegiance in this country. Either a man is an American and nothing else, or he is not an American at all.

Theodore Roosevelt