News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Happy new year!

Started by B.C., December 31, 2016, 06:07:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B.C.

"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Engineer shooting

Favorite band 2016 Sovereign citizen and the Boom Sticks
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

B.C.

DrRichP

Happy New Year to all our Appleseed family, and THANK YOU for all you have done for our program and our country. I continue to humbled by your generosity and love.

DrRichP
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

B.C.

Alrighty then. Sovereign citizen and the boom sticks would be the best band name of 2016 hands down, in thinking about it the 2nd runner up for me would be "mysterious dark substance". During a dinner at the last IDMR boot camp Adobe walls passed me a jar of unknown dark colored condiments, offering me the statement "mysterious dark substance" ? As minor as that seems I though at the time, what a wonderful band name. Ahhhhh, the memories of 2016.........

Rev.357

If we don't pass it on, it's lost. If we don't pass it on, we're lost. Never grow weary in well doing.
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

9mm4545

May Liberty increase in 2017. Happy New Year.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

SavageShootr

"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

PHenry

QuoteMay Liberty increase in 2017. Happy New Year.

Man always has had a way with words - what he said goes for me as well.
PH
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Minutemom

Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

Engineer shooting

Big Chris, Little Chris, Randy and the Master Chief returning to the Boot Camp. We're getting the band back together again!   :~
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

B.C.

I'm very excited and literally counting down the days until boot camp time. Everytime I pull down the handle of my press I think.......One more round to impact the berm at the IDMR, oh my yes.

Cable___Guy

Killing me guys, Not only am I going to miss it, I have daily reminders of how much I am going to miss it.

$5 bucks says the baby is late and I could have gone. , Then again she may have killed me If I did.

Have fun for me ,
Ken , make a few more orange hats.
Big Chris , You have to shoot score with every rifle you bring.  And enough pics for me to pretend I was there. ( Or use a cardboard cutout of me )
Little Chris , So proud of you for sticking with it,  Grit - ask Ken.
Randy , whatever you do, don't forget the toothpicks.
Joe, not that you will see this as it is on the forum.  -  as Camp councilor you must keep the men in line and the Moral High. As ships medic you must keep Big Chris sleeping soundly (Damm dog)

I miss you guys.

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

Minutemom

Stop it - y'all are making me jealous!!!!!
Who's Little Chris?  I thought I was little Chris, LOL!!  At least when I'm working a shoot with Big Chris I have to be.... **)
Todd, you better let us know the minute that baby is born, with pictures and all!!  You definitely made the right choice.  Babies are awesome - I want another one!
Bad men cannot make good citizens. It is when a people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." - Patrick Henry

"In the prevailing political theory of the founding era, the family was considered one of the essential pillars of republican virtue, and it not only needed to be nurtured, but also protected from the tyranny of the government.... American revolutionaries and their descendants understood marriage and the family to be schools of republican virtue. -Mary Lyndon Shanley, Review Essay, 27 Law & Soc. Inq. 923,

B.C.

Todd, you will indeed be missed this year my friend. I will personally fire a synchronized 10 potato gun salute in your honor sir! We give thanks and a blessing on you and your bride for making little future riflemen ready to carry on the traditions we hold so dear. Many pictures will be taken and posted after the event concludes. I look forward to many rounds downrange and soaking up the knowledge of my elders around the camp fire of wisdom in the evenings. 

Engineer shooting

Quote from: Minutemom on January 10, 2017, 04:28:43 PM
Stop it - y'all are making me jealous!!!!!
Who's Little Chris?  I thought I was little Chris, LOL!!  At least when I'm working a shoot with Big Chris I have to be.... **)
Todd, you better let us know the minute that baby is born, with pictures and all!!  You definitely made the right choice.  Babies are awesome - I want another one!

Little Chris is Gater1776 the only member of last years Tallahassee, RBC not wearing a Red Hat. Since we had two Chris's the division was made. Gater1776 never gave up it took until last month to get his Orange Hat, persistence, perseverance, determination, grit.....

Minutemom

Awesome on him!!  I can't wait to meet him!  Thanks for the clarification!!!