News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2017 events for Southern Nevada...

Started by azmule, December 30, 2016, 08:30:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

azmule

just a short drive across the big ditch over to Kingman, Arizona:

Feb 3-4-5, 2017 (3 day advanced Known Distance) (to be rescheduled)

Apr 22-23, 2017

Oct 13-14-15, 2017  (3 day advanced Known Distance)

Nov 18-19, 2017

Nevada folks always welcome!   O0
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

minnesotarabit

Hi Azmule, glad to see something finally posted for NV!  I asked a while back and got all sorts of foot scuffin' and mumblin'...

I am currently AC/RSO (eight points short of Riflewoman, shooting adapted, eventually will get there! I am always working and not shooting!) in Florida. Very active in AS and LS, in fact headed to our third LadySeed this weekend in Melrose. Moving back to northern NV/Plumas Co. CA by fall or next spring, depending on two more surgeries and home closing. Have already attended IBC, will take an Orange Hat as soon as i get my points. Plan to get involved with LibertySeed as well, I am already a Master Naturalist interpreter for UF/IFAS, so LibertySeed a natural next.

Couple questions - any interest in getting one started in N. NV? Carson has a lovely range, do not know the politics there. Have friends around there who are re-enactors, so getting a group together probably not too big a problem. Elko seems would be a good possibility. I would be super interested in getting a LadySeed somewhere up in that country, too, as there is nada in CA from what I can see.
I have friends in HI I am going to give the Kingman dates to, have been trying to find out about a PineappleSeed for them for several years with no luck. He is a turquoise dealer so being in that area is not too big a problem.

Would like to stay in touch, when I get out there am certainly willing to drive to help see to it events run and are staffed. My 40' bus is in Albuquerque and I am actually flying to Reno 4-18 to look at some property and then to ABQ to drive the bus back here and detail her and start loading.

Thank you for standing firm for Liberty and what the forefathers, mothers, kids, and cranky old men/women stood up for!

minnesotarabit
DeLand FL
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

azmule

Well, there's an interest in putting on an Appleseed anywhere folks want one - but what's needed is a local volunteer (NV needs Appleseed volunteers - I'm located in Tucson, AZ) to get us scheduled somewhere in N. NV, and we can travel in to teach it.  Are you interested in getting that set up while you are there?  If so send me a PM.

minnesotarabit

Azmule, sorry I did not see this before heading to NV. It did not pop up as a message, not sure why.

That said, I did happen to do some asking when I was out there. The Carson range apparently has a bunch of politics and they limit who uses their range. There is one out  by Moundhouse but it does not have good facilities. I will be out in that area again in September and have a lot more free time as last trip ended up with an emergency trip to Oregon for a family member who subsequently passed.

There has to be enough people up there to get a shoot together, as many of them refuse to go to CA for a shoot. Not sure about the new carry law affecting things, but I will do some digging.

It will be a while before I get moved, as I have more surgery facing me now.

Thanks for the input and I will let you know what I find out. If you can provide me any parameters that are used to secure range space, that would be helpful.

Huzzah!
minnesotarabit
FL AC/RSO

praying to be back West sooner than later!
the "road to glory in a patriot army and a free country is…open to all." - Gen. George Washington, August 7, 1782, in creation of the Badge of Merit

"We, and all others who believe in freedom as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees." - Franklin D. Roosevelt

"I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery." -   Thomas Jefferson, Jan. 30, 1787

azmule

There used to be a fairly regular event in Gardnerville, that might be a good place to check.  I do know that Kingman, AZ tends to get more shooters from Vegas than from Kingman, so there is a need.

BigDogatPlay

Hi,

I just landed on this forum looking for Appleseed information for Northern Nevada.  I live in Carson City, am an NRA instructor in pistol, rifle and shotgun, as well as an RSO.  I've been looking to become involved with Appleseed as I believe strongly in it's mission and what it stands for. My wife is a genealogist and a member of the local Daughters of the American Revolution chapter. Her principal patriot ancestor is a woman who fought on the frontier during the Revolution.

The range in Carson is owned by the city and managed by the local rifle and pistol club, which I recently joined. Not sure about politics, but they want a fee plus large scale insurance for use and many weekends one of more of the ranges are thoroughly booked so it's hard to find space and time.  There are also exactly zero facilities... no restrooms or classrooms.

I am sure there would be some measure of interest locally in the Washoe, Carson City, Lyon and Douglas County area. I know I am.  Feel free to reach out to me as I would like to get it up off the ground, where it seems to be here judging by the lack of information.

eaglescouter

We do have scheduled events in Hat Creek (actually Burney), Red Bluff, and Sacramento, we would be happy to assist you on your trail to Rifleman and help you move towards becoming an Appleseed Instructor.

Local boots on the ground, active in the activities of the local range, knowledgeable about Appleseed, and preferably Appleseed Instructors themselves, is the best way to get a club to add Appleseed to their club schedule.

Yeah, I know, that is indeed a bunch of work.  Good thing it's worth the effort.

Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)