News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Isaac Davis Memorial Range, Tallahassee, Fl Dec 17-18

Started by Engineer shooting, December 23, 2016, 05:42:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

With a two Instructors  per student ratio no one could complain they were ignored. Nice weather Saturday and scores were improving. Then came Sunday, bands of rain that threaten to wash the range away. A true Rifleman and women embraces adversity next thing you know everyone was scoring. Richards center fire 7.62 with obnoxious muzzle brake to test the flinch reflexes. In the end two new Orange hats a great but wet weekend.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Lucky Lori

great  weekend  and  a grand  time  for  all who  came .  Thanks  to  our  instructors  who  came   helped  and  had  fun  shooting.  All are  important  and needed  .          Congratulations    Chris   on   scoring   again  and taking  an orange  hat  to help  out .  We  look forward  to  many  more  visits      helping     camping     and  help  with  students  at  the  Isiac  Davis  Memorial  Range .   Merry Christmas  to  all  and  a  New  happy new  year .
Lucky  Lori

AdobeWalls

Well Hell Yeah! it's loud but they could sure tell Rifleman's Cadence at the other end of the line. Andres Castano shot his second Rifleman score with the big rifle and took up the orange cap of an IIT for Appleseed, congratulations Andres! That's the right stuff.
Little Chris shot his second Rifleman score and took the orange cap as well. That man worked hard for it and deserves applause as well. What a model of persistence and devotion.

Instructors re-qualified and several new shooters came really close. There must be somethin' to this Appleseed stuff. So long as the Emperor keeps sending us a steady supply of those orange caps . . . we'll keep turning out IITs to fill them.
photos attached. Rain or shine. R
But you and all the kind of Christ are ignorant and brave,
And you have wars you hardly win, and souls you hardly save.
                            -- Chesterton, Ballad of the White Horse, 1911

The easy way is always mined.  -- Murphy's Law of Combat Infantry

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way.  -- Twain

gunjunkie

Another great weekend at the Isaac Davis Memorial Range. Congratulations Chris and Andres on the Orange hats, I look forward to working with you both. Chris I will say I admire your persistence, wear that hat with pride you earned it. As always Ken and Lori are great hosts and make sure everyone enjoys their weekend.  Bill and the Tweedie brothers made a great deal of progress and I look forward to seeing them again. I would also like to add its great to have AdobeWalls back on the Florida team, welcome home!

I walked away from this event with two important lessons, one about shooting and one not so much. First about shooting, the best equipment will only lend itself to revel your shortfalls. Second before you use your wife's shower products, know the ingredients.

As another year draws to an end I would like to thank everyone in Appleseed for all they do and look forward to a great 2017.

I wish the entire Appleseed family a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.       
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

Engineer shooting

Quote from: gunjunkie on December 24, 2016, 11:18:29 PM
Another great weekend at the Isaac Davis Memorial Range. Congratulations Chris and Andres on the Orange hats, I look forward to working with you both. Chris I will say I admire your persistence, wear that hat with pride you earned it. As always Ken and Lori are great hosts and make sure everyone enjoys their weekend.  Bill and the Tweedie brothers made a great deal of progress and I look forward to seeing them again. I would also like to add its great to have AdobeWalls back on the Florida team, welcome home!

I walked away from this event with two important lessons, one about shooting and one not so much. First about shooting, the best equipment will only lend itself to revel your shortfalls. Second before you use your wife's shower products, know the ingredients.

As another year draws to an end I would like to thank everyone in Appleseed for all they do and look forward to a great 2017.

I wish the entire Appleseed family a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year.       

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D I'm still laughing at the shampoo story  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Rev.357

Sounds like a great shoot, but I have a few questions. 

Do you realize that your photographs of shooters in shirtsleeves can be viewed by fellow appleseeders in snowstorms?

I am a .308 guy, but what's the deal with aggressive brakes? ((Great job, Centerfire Andres. (Seriously, is the difference in control enough to justify the plume of dust?)

They know you will take off your glasses to shower.  Why doesn't it say shampoo in large print?  Ingredients?  I just hope it is a hair product.  While we are on the subject.  What meshuggah put a child proof cap on arthritis medicine?

Great shoot.  Great Photos, especially the young rifleman. Keep up the good work in Florida. 
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.