News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marriottsville, MD Dec 10-11 2016

Started by Vjornaxx, December 12, 2016, 11:37:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vjornaxx

What a weekend!

First let me say thank you to AGC for hosting another successful Appleseed event and the Mt Washington Gun Club for providing target stands!

We had our first real taste of the cold, but still 13 undaunted shooters showed up to AGC Marriottsville willing to learn - One even drove all the way from New Jersey! I love the enthusiasm!

Despite the weather conditions, the shooters were receptive to instruction and showed vast improvement on the Redcoats throughout the weekend - from 6 shooters putting 3 rounds on any silhouette on Saturday AM to 11 shooters hitting silhouettes, 4 hitting the shingle, and 1 clearing it and earning the Front Sight Patch on Saturday PM. Congratulations, shooters - you should be proud!

We took the opportunity to warm up and tell the 3 Strikes inside AGC's clubhouse. Thank you to SouthSeasNurse for providing the map of Battle Road. I always love telling the Strikes and could tell that the students were engaged and entertained by the stories of April 19, 1775.

By the end of the weekend, 4 shooters earned their Rifleman patch and 1 earned the Front Sight Patch. All the students could confidently answer the four questions and came away for the better. Thank you again to AGC, Mt Washington, and to our tireless volunteer instructor core who helped me run this event!
"The truth may be puzzling. It may take some work to grapple with. It may be counterintuitive. It may contradict deeply held prejudices. It may not be consonant with what we desperately want to be true. But our preferences do not determine what's true."