News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RED BLUFF, CA NOV 26-27, 2016

Started by NorCal22Gal, December 02, 2016, 02:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Our November event in Red Bluff was wet, windy, chilly and sunny…Highs in the upper 40's
Stuffed from Thanksgiving, 5 folks came out on Saturday to learn what we were teaching.
This was a great group of students.  They learned quickly as the groups on the squares showed.
This was certainly a weekend I was glad we had a covered shooting line and a building with a wood stove to allow us to get out of the cold wet weather.  The squares started turning to tissue  paper as it rained on us.  We did get lucky that it didn't pour constantly.
Despite the cold, groups shrank and folks learned and soaked it up. 
We took a break to warm up and hear some history at lunch. 
Then it was back on the line to finish teaching.  We got in a couple AQT's before the end of the day.  No rifleman scores the first day but there were some folks knocking on the door.
Sunday was sunny and cool.  2 of our students had other obligations on Sunday and couldn't return (we missed you Tim and Casey!).  Todd, Lance and Richard took full advantage of our one on one instruction.  Lance requalified with 2 rifleman scores 212 & 223.  Todd qualified with a 210 and took a small bath in the waters of the North Bridge! 
Richard made great improvements over the weekend!  You'll get it next time I just know it!
We had two clear Red Coats over the weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday.
Thank you all for coming out and I hope to see you at future events, with friends!
Thank you all for helping us tear down and clean up, it was greatly appreciated.
A BIG THANKS to my instructors for your wonderful help.
Your instructors:
Laurie      NorCal22Gal   Shoot Boss
Joe      eaglescouter
Tim      56Huck
Carrie      CarbineCarrie
Steve      TallSteve
Geraldine         jigsaw

5akman

Thanks Laurie and Company!

We had a great time regardless of the weather! Looking forward to some early fall late, spring events in some warmer weather!

Now just to qualify with something other than a .22..........

Lance

TallSteve

I really enjoyed participating in this shoot.  The range is great.  The people fantastic.  The weather was tolerable.
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003