News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructor Boot Camp in Mich in February

Started by Corvette, November 29, 2016, 09:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Ohio AS,

I would like to encourage any of our team to participate in the Instructor Boot Camp that our friends in Michigan have planned for Februrary 25th and 26th in Lansing, Mich.  I attended last year's event and it is a first class event that is worth your time.  It will make you a better instructor and it is a great chance to meet other Appleseeders in the region.

If any of you have any questions, feel free to PM me and I will share my experiences from last year.  It is a special opportunity for all of you to improve your instructional skills.  Hope to see many of you there.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Texas T

Already signed up and have arranged travel. Will be in Florida on Thursday and Lansing on Friday. What a contrast!! #)
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Charley

Little Buddy, Yankee and I agree with Corvette...We learned a wealth of information and skills at the IBC. All 3 of us are signed up for this year too! I'd also be more than happy to share my experiences there. Texas T....that is quite the contrast! Maybe you'll be even luckier and go from warm weather to SNOW!!  ;D

Texas T

Imagine, using the sunglasses for sun/sand and snow in a two-day span.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Oz

Quote from: Texas T on November 29, 2016, 09:50:52 PM
Imagine, using the sunglasses for sun/sand and snow in a two-day span.

You're already familiar with Michigan weather!   ;D
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

goodoldfriend

I don't see this listed on the site. Am I missing something....probably.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Oz

Quote from: goodoldfriend on January 30, 2017, 05:21:38 PM
I don't see this listed on the site. Am I missing something....probably.

Hi!  I'm not sure what you're asking, give me a little more of a steer and I'll know what to do!  You would be very welcome!  Oz
"You don't know they're all Riflemen.  They might just be people with rifles." - Zazzles, 9/22/12

"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

"There are no accidents in my philosophy. Every effect must have its cause. The past is the cause of the present, and the present will be the cause of the future." - Abraham Lincoln

"My biggest decision this week?  Well...long story short, I went with the mild sauce."

goodoldfriend

I was looking on the main site under boot camps. I found the link in the Michigan state board.
I am going to have to think on it. I am planning on going to NC in March for the RBC.

I have to maintain domestic tranquility....LOL

I might just go to this and do a couple KDs. Will have to discuss the pros and cons.

Thanks for the offer of help!
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

DrRichP

Quote from: Texas T on November 29, 2016, 09:37:46 PMAlready signed up and have arranged travel. Will be in Florida on Thursday and Lansing on Friday. What a contrast!! #)

I guess I'm crazy too, as I will also be in Florida on Thursday and Lansing on Friday.
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Corvette

Goodoldfriend,

As a new IIT0, I can tell you that this would be a great way to start working on your instructor skills.  They do a fantastic job with this in MI and you will learn a lot over the two and a half days on how we instruct and what as an instructor, you need to look for.  I went last year and was quite impressed with their program.

Was great to see you on Sunday at Liberty Center, see you soon.

Corvette

Quote from: goodoldfriend on January 30, 2017, 05:41:13 PM
I was looking on the main site under boot camps. I found the link in the Michigan state board.
I am going to have to think on it. I am planning on going to NC in March for the RBC.

I have to maintain domestic tranquility....LOL

I might just go to this and do a couple KDs. Will have to discuss the pros and cons.

Thanks for the offer of help!
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

goodoldfriend

OK, I am signed up. Will make all the other arrangements so I can go.

I am looking forward to it although I am sure I will be nervous as...
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

SteelThunder

Quote from: goodoldfriend on February 01, 2017, 11:47:49 AM

I am looking forward to it although I am sure I will be nervous as...

Don't be...it's a very friendly environment of learning.  Yes you will be challenged but it is in a helpful manner.  We believe in failing/improving in a safe environment, then you're rarin' to go when you're in front of students.  2 days at an IBC is worth a whole summer's worth of AS weekends.
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

goodoldfriend

I hear you but all I have done is checked rifles on the line at the recent Winterseed. It was with all experienced Appleseeders.

So I am as green as they come....or is that orange?
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

PaleRider

Goodoldfriend,
We just had an IBC a few weekends ago in Waco, Texas. It was a fantastic event! ITB was there along with DrRichP. It is a great event for any level of IIT. If I were you, I would read through the manual a couple of times just to familiarize (not memorize) yourself with the points of instruction. That'll give you a leg up, but don't let it stop you from going. We had several IIT0s there who learned a ton! The handout materials are very useful as well! Have fun! Say "Hi" to Rascal21, 50calgal, and Redcoat72 for me! They'll probably be hanging together  ;).
Tim
"And I looked, and behold a pale horse; and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him." Rev 6:8

Cadence

Just signed up to attend. Son's birthday is 2/22 but is coming home the weekend before to celebrate so I am free to attend.  ^:)^  Been trying to attend one of these for long time.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and making some new ones.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

goodoldfriend

I am heading up there tomorrow after working in the morning even though I am nervous about it all....LOL

Cadence, Charley, and my other new friends...I am looking forward to seeing you again.
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Rascal21

Why nervous? We really don't bite.....  ;) looking forward to meeting you all

goodoldfriend

The event was super. See my comments in the AAR.

I am tired, but very glad I attended.
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016