News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt AFB, November 26-27, 2016

Started by Engineer shooting, November 28, 2016, 09:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

A cool morning followed by great weather. By the results of the first Red Coat one would of thought "it's going to be a long weekend". If you've ever been to a Hurlburt AFB shoot would know great things were coming. Three new Riflemen by first time Appleseeders. Two new Orange Hats by true patriots.

A special thanks to the local boots on the ground Instructors Chuck and Kim. With assistance by George, Reid and the always hard working Lori they make the event run smoothly.
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

gunjunkie

It was a great weekend for shooting, the weather was as good as it gets and we had a solid turnout of shooters and instructors. I would like to thank Ken and Lori for coming as they always run a great shoot, and Ken's story telling skills are second to none. I would also like to thank George and Reid for all their help it made a huge difference in the effectiveness of instruction.

Congratulations to Duane and Stan on their new orange hats and to Chad, Joshua and my grandson Caleb on their rifleman patch. All the shooters made a great deal of progress in their marksmanship skills and they were all enlightened with some real American history. I know this weekend had a positive and lasting impact on my Grandson and was a weekend he will always remember, I appreciate all the instruction he was offered and I know he does as well.

I received a great deal of positive feedback after the event with all stating they were amazed at how much they learned and how effective Appleseed's coarse of instruction is. I look forward to seeing them all again at the next Appleseed at Hurlbert.

As always I had a great time, there is nothing more rewarding than knowing you helped someone achieve greatness with a rifle.   
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

JustKim

WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND!:  The weather, the history, the progress made by all shooters!!!  Every shooter showed up ready to listen, learn and apply!  James received his young patriot patch and showed great improvement shooting at "eyeball" squares.  Congrats to Caleb, Josh, and Chad on earning their Rifleman patch - very impressive - also congrats to Duane and Stan on accepting an orange hat.  Tyler and Gunner showed great improvement and I look forward to seeing them back at the next Hurlburt AFB Appleseed!  As Always, thanks to Ken and Lori for running such a successful Appleseed!
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Engineer shooting

Pictures new Orange hats, New Riflemen, happy Grandparents
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther