News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Chugiak, Alaska Nov 5 Winterseed

Started by fisherdawg, November 22, 2016, 01:15:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fisherdawg

On Saturday Nov 5, 14 patriotic shooters and a stout and true corps of Instructors rendezvoused at the Birchwood Recreation and Shooting Park for a one day Winterseed.  The weather was in the low 20's all day, but hearts were warm with enthusiasm for marksmanship, heritage, and liberty!  Instructor FourFans got to experience his SBIT 1 and good thing too as a quick slip on some ice nearly put fisherdawg out of commission!  However, everyone persevered and the shoot went on.  IAO.
At the end of a long cold day with some snow, we saw after 2 AQT's Riflemen Kaleigh, Bryan, & Brent had re-quailified earning the coveted blue icicle patch of Winterseed Riflemen
Michael P. joined the ranks of Riflemen with an impressive first time performance.
I want to express my gratitude for all the instructors who looked out for me after I smashed the back of my head on the ice.  I was in the best of hands! So were our shooters who were clearly moved by the Three Strikes as told by me, Oldmikey & FourFans.
Great work everybody!
HUZZAH
fisherdawg
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

FourFans

Not gonna lie Boss,, you gave us a scare. It was also good to have Tutt270 there.
Great day tho. As Nov Winterseeds go,, it was a good one to go out on. I am forever amazed by the quality of the people I'm surrounded by.
Can't wait for 2017,,,, IBC anyone?
  --FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY

FourFans

One of these days, I'll figure out the "picture thing" lol. Check out the snow, yeah, it was as cold as it looks.
  --FF
"should something happen,,tell the children of this night".
   --credited to Capt Parker, April 18th '75

22 A DAY