News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Free Christmas Trees to Ohio Instructors

Started by Shep, November 21, 2016, 08:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shep

Ohio Appleseed Instructors,

Ohio Appleseed instructors (and IIT's) are welcome to come and cut a free Christmas tree at Rush Creek Christmas Tree Farm. We have Cannan Fir, Norway Spruce and some Blue Spruce, in most all sizes, with lots of trees to choose from. It is a cut your own operation; we provide saws and a sled to pull your tree up. Bring the family for a traditional Christmas experience.

Opening day is Friday November 25th, and then weekends only through December 11; hours are from 10 A.M. to 5 P.M. I recommend coming early in the season for a better selection to choose from.

Directions
From the South- Exit I-75 at Exit #83 (the last Piqua exit). Turn right onto Co. Rd. 25A, North towards Sidney. Follow Co. Rd. 25A for five miles. Turn right (East) onto Kirkwood Rd., go 3/10 of a mile to the first farm on the right and follow the drive.

From the North- Exit I-75 at Exit #94 (the first Sidney exit). Turn left onto Co. Rd. 25A, South towards Sidney.  Go on through Sidney (it changes to street names in town but just follow the road you are on through Sidney) then follow Co. Rd. 25A for another five miles. Turn left (East) onto Kirkwood Rd., go 3/10 of a mile to the first farm on the right and follow the drive.

Rush Creek Christmas Tree Farm
14933 Kirkwood Road, Sidney, Ohio 45365

Shep
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed." -Thomas Jefferson

Corvette

Shep,

Thank you for thinking about your fellow Appleseeders as we enter the holidays. My regards to you and yours and I look forward to things spooling back up next year. Huzzah!!!

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Texas T

Thanks for the generous offer.  :bow:

While I won't be able to make the trip over before the hoidays, may the blessings of Christmas be with you and your family. I look forward to seeing you again, on the trail, next year.  O0 O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

goodoldfriend

That is incredibly generous and kind!

I have forwarded to the "boss". Will IM you if we are going to take you up on the offer.

Thanks and the best to you and yours, goodoldfriend
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016