News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sevierville, TN (Wears Valley Ranch), Nov 18-19

Started by CokeGuy, November 21, 2016, 09:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CokeGuy

People began to arrive so early on Friday morning that we were not able to have an instructors' meeting; but since we were staffed with multiple Shoot Bosses and experienced Red Hats and Orange Hats, and only two had not instructed at Wears Valley Ranch, we did just fine.

This event was sold out, but we had four no-shows. Even so, because we had 2 walk-ons, the line was full with 18 enthusiastic, eager-to-learn, wonderful people! The weather all day Friday was perfect, and we made full use of it with comprehensive instruction that resulted with great shot groups from the get-go. With only 2 AQTs, by days end, Scott and Newell had earned their Rifleman's patches! Great shooting, guys. I was so impressed with the enthusiastic responses to all of the Revolutionary history shared throughout the 2 days. Lisa took copious notes of not only the instruction, but also the history. Scott and Newell were obviously "history buffs", and it was delightful to see their frequent head nods as we presented the Three Strikes.

After a comprehensive review on Saturday morning and a few squares to check and adjust sighting, we continued with NPOA  and trigger drills. These paid hansome returns, with 5 more Riflemen by the end of the day. Seven Riflemen from a line of 18....wow. My thanks to all the fantastic instructors and to the wonderful attitude of all participants! Of the 7 Riflemen, we had two couples (Lisa & Rusel; Brandon &Jessica) join this exclusive club! Huzzah! Brandon qualified twice, with a high of 236! Jessica was not about to let him go home with bragging rights and late in the day she earned her patch as well.

The early rain on Saturday stopped before we headed to the firing line, but the temperature dropped into the 40's. However, this had no impact on the enthusiasm or determination of this wonderful group. Gina, I know you would have scored Rifleman had you not experienced so many jams with your rifle. You did so well with the shots you were able to make. Hope to see you again soon for another try! Young Noah and and Charles...it was a pleasure to have you on the line. James, for this to be your first time to shoot a firearm, well done...you improved from not being able to aim at the target to putting multiple rounds all of the silhouettes!

As I said to the instructors, this was one of the best Appleseed events that I have had the pleasure of attending. Heartfelt thanks to instructors and students.
https://www.dropbox.com/home/Sevierville%20Appleseed%2020161118
CokeGuy

Sirius Gray

I guess I should have expected the awesome staff and facilities in the "Patron State of Shootin Stuff" as the movie line goes. What a great group of students and instructors! Kudos to all!!! Thanks also to Wears Valley Ranch... what a great facility they have for hosting an Appleseed!

EddieB

What a fantastic event!  As always it was a pleasure to work with CokeGuy and the other instructors at Wears Valley Ranch.
Here are a handful of photos:

Shooters!  Center up for instruction!

James rocking it out!

The first two Riflemen:  Scott and Newell

Old Navy Doc looks good in that Red Hat!

AQT Grind on Day Two

Four more new Riflemen!  Brandon, Rus, Lisa, and Brad

On the last AQT of the event Rifleman Jessica nailed it!

More photos are here:
http://s288.photobucket.com/user/EddieB_AS/library/Sevierville%20TN%20November%2018%202016