News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Mariposa, CA - Nov. 12 - 200 yd KD

Started by KP, November 19, 2016, 09:17:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KP

Three shooters attended the KD event in Mariposa.  The weather was perfect.  After a quick review of the basics - six steps, use of the sling, steady hold factors & NPOA we shot sighters at 53 yards.  This gave all shooters a BSZ out to 300 yards, since all had a 2 3/4" sight line to bore line distance.  We discussed exterior ballistics, and focused on the factors that are critical out to 300 yards, the most critical being near zero distance (53 yards in this case).

KP

Oops.  I guess I can't use the Tab key...

Anyway, we shot sighters at 75, 100 and 200 yards to verify our BSZ.  Since the POI was as expected, we commenced shooting AQT's.  One shooter was an instructor from the SF bay area.  I think he only missed a rifleman score on the first AQT.  His best was 49 out of 50.  One other shooter made 40 out of 50 on the last AQT of the day.  The third shooter had a new rifle with iron sights.  He shot consistently well, but not quite a rifleman.

Our history presentation focused on the contribution of riflemen to the war effort, and also the great sacrifices made by the signers of the Declaration of Independence.

All in all, it was a great day proving the principles of rifle marksmanship out beyond 25 meters, and pondering the principles of liberty preserved by the veterans of the Revolutionary War.

The Horse

That was alot of fun! Thanks guys for putting on the shoot. The weather was perfect, the instruction was first rate, the shooters were awesome, the range was beautiful and we got to shoot rifles. What more can you ask for? Thank God for the second amendment! As KP said, "Why are we here? Because we can be".

I really liked using BSZ for the distances we were shooting. It's faster than dialing turrets and less chance of loosing track of where your scope is set. If you get a chance, don't hesitate to attend a Mariposa Appleseed event. The drive from the Bay Area really isn't that bad. I'll be heading back for the next KD!