News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Texas IBC - Demo Rifles

Started by scuzzy, November 17, 2016, 11:23:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

We need 4 each of the following rifles for the IBC for rifle familiarization. Please let me know who can bring what.

We're covered now - thanks all.

I'll update this post as you post your replies.

10/22 scuzzy (1), didiactic (1), jla1911a1 (2), DubG (1) - Complete
597    scuzzy (1), DubG (1), Ghostring (2) - Complete
795    Gunner (5) - Complete
AR15  NJRefugee (1), Mr. & Mrs Smith (2), didactic (1) - Complete
M1A      jla1911a1 (2), DubG (1), TxRebel (1) - Complete
M1 Garand SNAITF (1), BillJac (2), Ghostring (1) - Complete
Demo Rifle scuzzy (1), Mr. & Mrs Smith (1), BillJac (1), SNAITF (2) - Complete
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

NJrefugee

Kevin has at least 5 Marlin 795s on hand.  No shortage of ARs as well...

Mrs. Smith

Mr. Smith and I have two different configurations of AR, one collapsible stock, carry handle, one flat top fixed stock. A couple of 10/22s, of course. Also a couple of Marlin 60 tube-feds, if that's needed.  I notice there are no tube-feed rifles on your list, and people still use them. I qualified with mine.  Let me know.

And we'll still need "dummy" rifles, yes?

Mrs Smith
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

"A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future." - Lazarus Long

"What we do now echoes in eternity." Marcus Aurelius

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

scuzzy

Quote from: NJrefugee on November 17, 2016, 11:44:20 AM
Kevin has at least 5 Marlin 795s on hand.  No shortage of ARs as well...

Noted. I'll put you down for 1 AR too.

scuzzy

Quote from: Mrs. Smith on November 17, 2016, 11:51:28 AM
Mr. Smith and I have two different configurations of AR, one collapsible stock, carry handle, one flat top fixed stock. A couple of 10/22s, of course. Also a couple of Marlin 60 tube-feds, if that's needed.  I notice there are no tube-feed rifles on your list, and people still use them. I qualified with mine.  Let me know.

And we'll still need "dummy" rifles, yes?

Mrs Smith

I put you and Mr. Smith down for 2 ARs. Not sure about the 60. I was asked to make sure we had the ones listed above. But it wouldn't hurt to bring out the 60 though.

And yes - demo rifles please. We'll surely need some of those. I have 1.

Redcoat72

I can bring a 10/22, AR15 and Bushmaster ACR.
Director & Instructor
Project Mapleseed

Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 21-22 Mar 2015
Mapleseed - Bancroft, ON, Canada 25-26 Jul 2015 (210 Rifleman)
Appleseed - Battle Creek, MI 5-6 Mar 2016(238)
IBC - Waco, Texas 14-15 Jan 2017
IBC - Lansing, MI 25-26 Feb 2017

"When it shall be said in any country in the world my poor are happy; neither ignorance nor distress is to be found among them; my jails are empty of prisoners, my streets of beggars; the aged are not in want; the taxes are not oppressive; the rational world is my friend, because I am a friend of its happiness: When these things can be said, there may that country boast its Constitution and its Government"
― Thomas Paine, Rights of Man

Mrs. Smith

[/quote]

I put you and Mr. Smith down for 2 ARs. Not sure about the 60. I was asked to make sure we had the ones listed above. But it wouldn't hurt to bring out the 60 though.

And yes - demo rifles please. We'll surely need some of those. I have 1.
[/quote]

I can bring at least one dummy, and I may have another built by then. I'll inform Mr. Smith  ~~:)
"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

You can have peace, or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once. - Robert A. Heinlein

Waco 1-17       Waco 1-19     El Paso 7-19       Alamogordo 5-20     Albuquerque 7-21       Houston 8-21 (SBC)    Colorado Springs  2-22 (SBC)    Midland 8-22 (KDIBC)     Albuquerque 2-23      Harvard 5-23      El Paso 12-23 (PIBC)     Phoenix 2-24    El Paso 3-24

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

I'll bring my CMP M1 if no one else does.

I think we are covered on what you requested - save for maybe an M1A.

I may also bring some "interesting" firearms not on the list.  @)

Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

I notice there are no tube-feed rifles on your list, and people still use them. I qualified with mine.  Let me know.

Style points.  O0
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

didactic

I'll bring at least one 10/22 and a fairly stock AR-15.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

Mrs. Smith

Quote from: Sir Not Appearing In This Film on November 17, 2016, 12:32:38 PM
I notice there are no tube-feed rifles on your list, and people still use them. I qualified with mine.  Let me know.

Style points.  O0

I do try  :cool2:  I loved how the physical motions of loading, etc, are similar to a muzzleloader. And I only had a feed problem once - when I accidentally dropped a round in backwards, so, my fault, not the rifle! I was rushing when I had no need to, and took my eyes off my speedloader when I was filling it.

Oh, and Scuzzy, both of our ARs have a rail system on them (HEAVY.) I see that didactic has offered up one that's essentially stock, so the comparison will be good.

didactic

Quote from: didactic on November 17, 2016, 12:40:53 PM
I'll bring at least one 10/22 and a fairly stock AR-15.

BTW, the notice I received says the event starts on Friday.  Do I understand correctly that the actual festivities start on Saturday morning, but people are expected to arrive at various times on Friday?  I had intended to arrive on mid-afternoon Friday, complete with minestrone soup and biscuits.  I can arrive earlier, or even Thursday afternoon, if need be, but that is not the current plan.
"If not us, who?  If not now, when?"  Ronald W. Reagan

scuzzy

Quote from: didactic on November 17, 2016, 12:46:59 PM
BTW, the notice I received says the event starts on Friday.  Do I understand correctly that the actual festivities start on Saturday morning, but people are expected to arrive at various times on Friday?  I had intended to arrive on mid-afternoon Friday, complete with minestrone soup and biscuits.  I can arrive earlier, or even Thursday afternoon, if need be, but that is not the current plan.

Some people will be able to get out on Friday but not everybody due to work. We'll see you on Friday whenever you get there.

BillJac

I have 2 garands and 1 demo rifle.  I have multiple 10/22's, so if nobody else steps up I can bring them.

Once again, this will be all non-shooting.  right?
You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

scuzzy

Quote from: BillJac on November 17, 2016, 02:00:11 PM
I have 2 garands and 1 demo rifle.  I have multiple 10/22's, so if nobody else steps up I can bring them.

Once again, this will be all non-shooting.  right?

It'll be non shooting.

I'll ask though to see if maybe at day end we can go hit the range.

DubG

I've got multiple 10/22's, an AR, a 795 and an M1A I'll be bringing.

jla1911a1

Scuzzy, put me down for 2 NM M1A rifles. I can also bring up to 3 10/22s and an AR15 as well.
The latest caliber and gear are no substitute for skills learned through experience. Bullets and cartridges dont make hits... Shooters do.

Ghostring

I've got two 597s to add to the list, and an M1 Garand.  O0
"Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken...
     They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..." - Lord Hugh Percy

"If a man's from Texas, he'll tell you.  If he's not, why embarrass him by asking?" - John Gunther

"That's Kirby-level shooting, right there!" - Trailman

scuzzy

Quote from: Ghostring on November 22, 2016, 11:30:56 AM
I've got two 597s to add to the list, and an M1 Garand.  O0

Alright - now we just need one more M1A.

BillJac

Also put me down for a demo rifle.
You aren't pro 2A if you only want guns for people who look and think like you.

Put me down for two demo rifles.
Ladyseed Man Slave

scuzzy

TxRebel

Sorry I'm new to the forum.  I assume this is for the January IBC in waco?  If so I can bring an M1A
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing"
- Edmund Burke

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" 
-Benjamin Franklin

Weezer

Quote from: TxRebel on December 23, 2016, 01:44:24 PM
Sorry I'm new to the forum.  I assume this is for the January IBC in waco?  If so I can bring an M1A

Absolutely - this is for the IBC in January.   Thanks for the offer to bring that - hey Scuzzy, you've got that coveted M1A!    O0
"I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy." -- John Adams

"Texas Forever, Six!" --Tim Riggins

scuzzy

Quote from: Weezer on December 30, 2016, 05:53:30 PM
Quote from: TxRebel on December 23, 2016, 01:44:24 PM

Absolutely - this is for the IBC in January.   Thanks for the offer to bring that - hey Scuzzy, you've got that coveted M1A!    O0

Yup. And thanks all. TxRebel is our newest IIT that we picked up on Dec 17-18 in Waco.