News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Clearwater, FL 11/12/2016

Started by PHenry, November 14, 2016, 10:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Great event! one short of max capacity - a new record for Clearwater. Of course ole Fred would simply say we was one short, so, try harder!  ^-^

So many great people - where to begin. Well, I know if I polled my fellow instructors, their answer would all be that Thalia was the great success. She went from very apprehensive about even seeing a rifle to grinning ear to ear and in the end, through persistence and grit, scoring 202 - outrunning 75% of the shooters on the line. WW1 ace Eddie Rickenbacker once said "Without fear there can be no courage". Thalia faced her fear head on and smacked it down hard. Way to go girl!  O0

Chuck and Caryn made a return and showed great improvement. Jim, our favorite "repeat offender" came out on Sunday with his usual cigar for ole PHenry - many thanks sir. We were blessed with an excellent demo of a Kentucky long rifle by Dale on Sunday. Boooof! - went his father's fine Italian replica from 1965. Many thanks for treating us to the explanation and source of a few common expressions like "going off half cocked".

I'll get more and some pics up soon - just wanted to open a post for discusssion.
Many thanks,
PHenry
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

stoneknives

"When men's rules are Honorable and Just I will follow them. When I find the laws tolerable, I will tolerate them. When I find the rules obnoxious, I will ignore them. When I find evil imposed or codified, I will War against it. My Lord has made it known and understood to me that to accept the gift of freedom I will alone bear the full responsibility everything I do, or chose not to do." I .......    "This is Appleseed. We are here to restore the Republic. Tyrants, major or petty, need not apply."  I .......

"I stand with the mission, Sir" PHenry

PHenry

StoneKnives IT FU is strong!  :bow:

Great pics sir.
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Dragon-Woods

Great event, wonderful energy and on the line, lots of dedication. Behind the line, great cigars.
That's what AS stands for, Always Smoking! **)
Gotta practice prone dry fire some.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood. You know what that means? It means you're alive. It means you won. You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.