News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Bakersfield November 5-6, 2016

Started by Cal 7.62, November 14, 2016, 01:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cal 7.62

What a great weekend it was.
Attentive student. Check.  :cool2:
Great weather. Check.  :)
Good instructor to student ratio. Check.  @&)   @&)  :~
Learning heritage & marksmanship. Check.  O0
Although we only had one student,
she did a great job her 1st time out with a rifle.  :~
With persistence and the rifleman's attitude,
I know she'll be getting that Rifleman patch in the future.  O0
Excellent work Lorena.  ^:)^
And a big thank you to Noah doing a fine job @ IIT-ing. :bow:

Steve
"Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the Supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble actions - The Eyes of all our countrymen are now upon us..." - George Washington

Texas T

Early in my journey toward instructor, one of the questions asked was, "How do you define commitment?" I had just reviewed an event where there was only one student. You could tell, from the pictures, that the event was held for the one in the same way that it would have been if many more had been in attendance. The target line was set up for several shooters, the flags were up, and the one student appeared to have had an excellent experience.

Holding an event for only one student, when it could easily have been cancelled, is my definition of commitment. You never know what effect you might have on that one individual. For them to receive the attention, on a personal level, and to see the interest given to them as an individual, could have a tremendous impact on them at some point in the future.

Hats off for your team.   :bow:
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017