News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lapeer, Mi Nov 12-13 AAR

Started by Caliper, November 13, 2016, 09:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliper

Whew...  The cars been unloaded and pics are uploading.  What a great weekend. We had new shooters, returning shooters, border raiders and even a new Rifleman!  Can't ask for much more than that. Oh, and did I mention sunny weather?  Yeah, good times.

Ok, for now, I've been "Appleseeded" and it's time to turn in. More to come!

BHLeroy

It just keeps getting better and better.  This was my 3rd and while not close to shooting rifleman scores, there's been steady improvement.  Instructor to shooter ratio couldn't have been better; lots of individual coaching.  Thank you Yankee for your patience with me.  See you 12/3.

mrsurplus

Absolutely wonderful weekend with shooters who were truly dedicated to getting better each day. You guys put A LOT of rounds down range including 10 AQTS's (unheard of!!!) and although some bodies were starting to breakdown towards the end, there was no complaining, just looks of sheer determination on the line.

Special Huzzah's to Terrell for getting his Rifleman Patch, Tracie and Mark for continuing to shoot through the pain, and to Claire for looking like a natural even though this was her first time ever touching a rifle.

I thoroughly enjoyed working with everyone on the line and hope to see you at another Appleseed soon.

MrSurplus
" There is a certain enthusiasm in liberty, that makes human nature rise above itself, in acts of bravery and heroism"
- Alexander Hamilton
" The key to life is how you deal with plan B" - Stephan Dias

Corvette

Looks like a great shoot. It has been a great fall. Huzzahs for our Nes Rifleman and to the rest, press on it took me five Appleseeds before I figured it out.

Corvette
OH SC
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Super Trooper

We had a great time this weekend and will be back for more.  A huge thanks to everyone who helped Tracie out when her hip was giving her fits from the up and down.
The hardest distance to shoot is the six inches between your ears.  It gets easier when you get out of your own way.  Self doubt and negative self talk have no place on the firing line. 
Once a shot is gone... good or bad, it is gone.   Focus on the next one. Make forty good first shots.

Roundballer

:pics:

Come on, post them up.

Caliper managed to get this thread up in a timely manner (with a parting threat as I left).

Caliper

Well, since you asked...   &)  Yes, there were pictures taken!

Roundballer showing everyone how the Founders put lead on target.

Terrell and Mark trying out the 'Bess!

Our Border Raiders even sampled this Lapeer treat

Hmmm, I've gotta get one of these... 

Caliper

There was also shooting of firearms with rifled barrels.  :---

Some of the first AQT on Saturday

Prone shooting on Sunday.

The event wasn't sold out :( but that means that some instructors got a chance to shoot!  :cool2:

Seated position

And, of course, our new Rifleman!

Charley

What a great weekend in Lapeer! Even with the driving, I'm really glad Yankee and I had the opportunity to work with such a great crew! Lots of improvement this weekend by all! Persistence is an excellent quality for a Rifleman (or woman) and there was lots of persistence this weekend. Several shooters were feeling the effects of the up and down and didn't give up. Keeping working at it! Definitely going to border raid again (although maybe a hotel will be in order)! Hope to see you all on the trail!! -- Yankee had a great time too!

Roundballer

Quote from: Caliper on November 16, 2016, 11:56:56 PM
Well, since you asked...   &)  Yes, there were pictures taken!

Seated position

Hmmmm.  We really need to get some new mats.

Texas T

Looks like a great event. Love the picture of Yankee with the musket.  ^:)^   :--- :---
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Corvette

So Charley, you got a chance to fire a flintlock, how cool was that?

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Charley

That was awesome! We were very fortunate to have met roundballer and been given the chance to fire his musket! Yankee enjoyed it too!