News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Coeur d'Alene, ID, June 3-4, 2017

Started by Mr. Clean, June 06, 2017, 01:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Clean

Congratulations shooters for completing such a productive weekend reconnecting with your American roots. As you heard, this was my "final test" to become a shoot boss and I made the grade. I couldn't have done it without you all. Thank you for the safe shoot.

By productive, I mean we really made rifleman from mere rifle owners/shooters. Of the 25 total shooters over both days (6 were one day only), we made 7 new riflemen and three repeat riflemen. Huzzah! That has got to be a new record of events I have witnessed. I ran out of Rifleman patches!

Sean, you made rifleman on day 1 and showed consistent improvement. Persist in honing those skills, get your sling squared away. Dry practice and see how high your score is next time.

Wyatt, I remember when you were on the line with your dad 4-5 years ago. At the time, you didn't seem to get much from the instruction and were discouraged. It is great to see how far you have come. Way to stick with it to see it through to make another rifleman in the family.

As for a rifleman family, Kurt brought five of his kids with another two of their friends. This wasn't their first Appleseed event as they persisted on the rifleman trail and it paid off. Kurt got a repeat RM score as well as stepping up to help make new RM as an instructor in training. Thank you Kurt, we need you, your country needs you. Mikayla, Shelby and Emily all came with such a teachable attitude, they went home riflemen.

Tadd and Darla both had prior military experience and walked away with repeat RM scores. Rifle skills go rusty with disuse for anyone. This is not a "been there done that, now I'm done" sort of thing. All the more reason to safely dry practice at home and get to the range periodically. I recommend an Appleseed event like an annual requalification to keep and test your skills. For the next step in growing skill, try going to a KD Appleseed shot at actual known distances.

Thank you Bruce for your volunteer service as a precinct committeeman. Wouldn't it be great if a majority of elected officials were RM? That is exactly who we need to reach with our message of returning America to its founding principles. Be aware of your shooting position, have good form for a steady position. Follow through trapping the trigger back momentarily after the shot. You see golfers, baseball batters and pitchers, etc. all following through. It works.

Sue shot RM on the last AQT the 2nd day. I had already run out of patches but I will look into getting you what you earned. You had such good breath control and looked to be fully relaxed. You seemed a little new to the rifle you were using but soon overcame the unfamiliarity.

Stacy and Sam made great progress despite some frustration with equipment issues. Swapping out the rifle gave you the chance to work on the riflemanship skills being taught so you could improve. Now you can address the equipment issues for next time. Aren't you glad you didn't quit? You both made great improvement. Stacy could make RM next time with dry and live practice. I hope Sam saves that Redcoat Target that he cleaned as proof that he can do it if he sticks with it to the end.

Who wasn't frustrated by the one round timed drills. They help get our speed up in getting into position, loading, getting into NPOA to get the first shot off without any wasted time or motion. Once we got to the 2nd and 3rd stages of the AQT, you saw how important this is. This can all be dry practiced safely at home. I saw Joshua, Tanner, and Riley all frustrated in this but don't get discouraged. It is very awkward the first times doing it but I promise it will become second nature with practice. You should be encouraged if you heard the cease fire just before firing the shot each time. The time given was decreasing! That means you were getting better each time.

I really wished Luis and his 3 brothers could have returned Sunday to continue the improvements already showing themselves. Keep at it. Work out any equipment issues that you now know about.

Joel was shooting so close to crossing that threshold. You have been given all the fundamentals of marksmanship. Work on putting them to use and surely you will be a RM at the next Lewiston event.

Everyone, please tell a friend, co-worker, family member about your weekend. Find the date of your next Appleseed event and invite them to join you on the path to becoming a rifleman.

Prescott

I had a great weekend at the Fernan range in CdA.  ^:)^ I enjoyed reconnecting with the instructors in Northern Idaho and working with a great group of shooters.

WOW, there were a HUGE number of Rifleman this weekend.   I left before the final AQT, as I had a long drive back to the Boise area, and I heard there were MORE new rifleman scores from the final AQT!   This mean that about 25% of the shooters achieved their rifleman score this weekend.   The average for new rifleman at an AS events is around 10%, so this attests to the persistence and skills of the shooters.

I would like to congratulate Mr. Clean for successfully completing his third Shoot Boss in Training event.  He ran the event to the standards of an AS event and is qualified to earn his Green Hat.   I am looking forward to working with you at many events in the future.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

resized pic. full sized can be e-mailed

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

Border-Run

one designated marksman on a sand bag can do magic  ^:)^

Texas T

Sounds like a great event. Lots of new riflemen and a new Green Hat. Congrats.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

eert

Greetings Shooters!

What a weekend!  8 new Riflemen out of 23 shooters, plus three repeat RM.    For those shooters who didn't want that last AQT, and left after the Red Coat, boy did you ever miss some excitement.  Three RM on that last AQT!!! And Sue wasn't even going to get her target scored!  And Mikayla's excitement just about brought this old man to tears.   

Congrats to all the shooters who persevered through the rain on Sunday, especially those young women who returned after April's shoot- Emily (who I had to threaten about her shooting bag support at the last shoot, and one of our youngest Rifleman in a long time), and Shelby and Mikayla, (who both suffered severe badgering on both these shoots). 

Joel, congrats on the RM and send me a PM if you want to meet for some different AR shooting. 

Kurt, ditto on the shooting and if you want to have some mini-seeds.

Besides the shooting, I'd like to thank the participants for their rapt attention during the heritage presentations.  You were one of the most attentive audiences I've had in a long time!  It was great meeting and working with you all.  Hope to see you all again with more family and friends!

Oh, and Bill- once again great photos!

Take good care