News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Harvard, MA - 11/5-6/2016

Started by Rasmus, November 08, 2016, 09:18:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rasmus

We took the previously canceled IBC date and held an Appleseed event to help our MA IITs develop some skills and practice around the POI in a safe (dummy rifle only) friendly event. We had several instructors on hand to help the orange hats with their presentations and refine them for use at future live fire Appleseeds. That was just on Saturday. On Sunday we focused on our heritage that we teach where the heritage happened. We had each IIT present, and work on each strike where the strikes happened on Battle Road. Powerful message standing on Lexington Common, Paul Revere capture site, the Old North Bridge, Miriam's Corner and the bloody angle while having IITs give the strikes. It was a bit on the cold side but everyone did great and some even volunteered to do strikes they didn't feel they could give yet. As a bonus everyone also was able to go  home with a Battle Road patch and hopefully some new knowledge about our program and how to be better instructors.

Rasmus

Here are some more pictures of our weekend and Battle Road

Rasmus

and more

Rasmus

And lastly MA/RI has a new Shoot Boss... me :)

and RI has a new State Coordinator also me :)

Rasmus

Ooops forgot a few pictures at the Revere Capture site and of all of us at North Bridge.

TOMINCT

Congratulations on both promotions!
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

Rasmus

janer

What an amazing experience that must have been.  I'm quite envious!

Monkey

"5 minutes for this stage - that's like a week in people years!"

"Responsibility is a unique concept... You may share it with others, but your portion is not diminished. You may delegate it, but it is still with you... If responsibility is rightfully yours, no evasion, or ignorance or passing the blame can shift the burden to someone else. Unless you can point your finger at the man who is responsible when something goes wrong, then you have never had anyone really responsible."
― Hyman G. Rickover

"Scoring is a function of great execution, and winning Is the result, but thinking about winning can pull your focus off of proper execution in a competition. Thinking about process is the answer."- Lanny Bassham

Rasmus

A TON of thanks goes to aim and lupis42 for setting this up and letting me run with it. I love the picture of the group of us in front of Isaac Davis.

Texas T

Well done. Thanks for stepping up... :bow:
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

capnmike

Thanks Rasmus and everyone else for the effort that was put into this.

Not too often that I feel lucky to live in Massachusetts.

I learned a ton and my son Patrick and I had a great time.

aim

Time for me to add the pictures, I guess. This was quite a weekend for me to digest.

How many IITs does it take?

Well, if your elbow rests on your knee ... you will *never* screw in that light bulb!

Stand your ground, capnmike!

Rail and the Harrington House - minus the plaque.

Agent 355 capturing the spirit of the Revere Capture Site:

They came three thousand miles:

Concord's attempt to claim that the Revolutionary War started right HERE

but redmage93 knows better. SHOOTERS! Gather 'round for the SECOND STRIKE:

The Third Strike at Meriam's Corner. The ridge, the turn, the bridge, the brook, and the barn.

A perfect weekend, with outstanding performance by the IITs. A bit of "dust in the air" however, as Rasmus put it. I have never understood what Project Appleseed is about quite as clearly as when I took that last picture.

April 19th, 1775!
Shiny!

Tube Fed Guy

Outstanding!

I am even more excited about visiting these grounds in April!

Wonderful idea having a IIT only class (being a lowly IIT0 at the moment)  ;)
"Tube Fed Guy"