News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Isaac Davis Memorial Range, IBC Tallahassee, FL 5-6 Nov 2016

Started by Engineer shooting, November 07, 2016, 05:21:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

With 10 Red hats, 4 Instructors in training and a non Rifleman the range was hopping. With so many experienced Appleseeders we had time to break out rifles and continue the traditions of our ancestors.

The results, 14 requalifications and one new Rifleman a 100% success ratio.  ^:)^

Most camped out and with Instructor meals and campfires even after hours a good time was had.

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

gunjunkie

What a Garand weekend, the outstanding instruction had something offer all in attendance and everyone had a good time. The weather was perfect and the food plentiful. We had a great turnout for the IBC and proved you can indeed teach an old dog new tricks. Congratulation Chris, persistence is the true key to success. As always Justkim and I had a blast and look forward to next month.
Thanks Ken and Lori for hosting such a wonderful event! 
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

Cable___Guy

What a Great Weekend.  A 10 as always at the IDMR.

I shot a 235 and scored twice with my bolt action, but the highlight of the weekend for me was watching Little Chris get over the hump. We knew you could do it buddy . I am so proud of you.

I will add a few pictures I snapped.
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Americans never quit.
Douglas MacArthur

BaldEagle

Everyone is correct. What a great weekend! The facility, the people, the weather, fantastic, and the fellowship in the evenings chewing the fat and talking shop. Things couldn't have been better. I'd like to thank Lori and Ken for their hospitality and a great facility along with great instruction. Thank you all for such a great weekend.

HateTheSnow

I have to say this was the best Appleseed event I have attended so far. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy all of them, but this one was just a culmination of factors that will be hard to match anywhere...perfect weather, fantastic people, Southern hospitality at it's best; and, oh yes, lots and lots of shooting with folks who definitely know what they are about. To top it all off I was able to get rid of the dust and cobwebs built up after a year of virtually no shooting, I picked up a few tips that really helped refine my skillset, and best of all, I left knowing a dozen new folks I am proud to call friends.

- Congratulations Chris! It was awesome being there to see you break that magic number, and by no small margin. Great job!
- Thank you to Cable Guy for the awesome pic of the Garand being properly broken in.
- And finally, special thanks to Ken and Lori for the hospitality and creating such an incredible location for Appleseed events. You two are a rare breed!

I hope to see you all again soon...though wearing a red hat  O0

HTS (AKA David)
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free."
Ronald Reagan

"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."
John F. Kennedy

B.C.

Wish I could have been there, it's always good times at IDMR! It's great to hear Chris shot score, good job my friend.
"Speak softly and carry a big boom stick"
"Fortune favors the bold"

Gator1776

Thanks to the Joe, Todd, Big Chris, Randy, Shawn, Richard, Lori and Ken for their patience instruction and constant encouragement on my journey to qualifying as a "Rifleman".  Five events are the charm! (Great shower picture)

Thanks to the Appleseed Project and the many hundreds of volunteers that make this program a success. Thanks for your efforts in keeping the story of Liberty alive. A special thank you to Lori and Ken for providing a first class shooting and camping facility in the "Issac Davis Memorial Range".

As we say down south, thanks again "All Y'all"
Little Chris
(Gator1776)
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it."
― Thomas Paine

Lucky Lori

I am finally adding my 2 Cents .  What an event !  Again shame on you if you were not there since you missed an an excellent  time ! Congratulations Chris on  Finally making rifleman !   Sometimes  it takes an entire  village  or army to get something done.  This was one of those moments.  Thank you  Sean,  Jan,  Chuck, Kim  Joe ,  Ben   Randy, Mitch,  Todd,  and  Ken  (and anyone else i am forgetting ) for coming, helping, and having a great time.   It was special for me to shoot next to my son Ben at our range .  (see todd's  pix)  It was extra special to finally have  fall come to Tallahassee and camp out at the range in  Great  weather with so many others .  We were able  to have a Great Potluck dinner  get together Saturday evening. I am hoping  and planning on  another  great  appleseed  in  December  (17 & 18 th )  hope  to see many there.
Lucky  Lori