News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CMP Talladega, AL Known Distance AAR - Oct 29-30 2016

Started by Maximum Ordinate, November 02, 2016, 09:51:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maximum Ordinate

The weather was perfect and we had a great bunch of shooters for this KD event!

(the Crew on Sunday)

The CMP Marksmanship Park at Talladega is the Rolls Royce of rifle ranges.  We shoot out to 600 yards on targets with electronic sensors which provides immediate feedback to shooters on video screens at their position.  In other words - no walking during a KD!

Saturday, we started off with some classroom time and moved to Range 2 for some short work (zeroing and Stage 1).  Then we took a break to focus on the other two challenges of a Rifleman: target detection & range estimation.  For the practical exercise, we moved to Range 5 where camouflaged targets were waiting to be detected and ranged.  Some were easy - some were *really* hard to find. 

Sunday, we had the entire Park to ourselves until 1pm.  We started in the classroom then went out to Range 1 (600y).  We spent the day gathering data and completing AQTs.  Shooters worked hard, rocking out SEVEN AQTs that day!

I want to congratulate the seven shooters who qualified or requalified as Known Distance Riflemen:

Jeff (Cleveland)
Mike
Ryan
Anita (Freq Flier)
Braxton
Gary (jgarysmith)
Everett (Cokeguy)

I really appreciate everyone who came out and hope each of you took home great memories and a greater appreciation for Liberty.  My thanks to all the instructors who came out to help this event.  It's always a pleasure working with professionals!  And a special thanks to the Staff at CMP Talladega.  They are first class all the way!

Keep dry firing at home!

in Liberty,
Rusty

Now for the good stuff - pictures!

Da shoot boss broke out his Garand Friday afternoon when a few instructors gathered to shoot... who doesn't love an old warhorse like this?

Shooting on range 2 - no walking to check targets! 
It's time for IMC, I think.  (Can someone remind me who's group this was?)

Centering up for graduation:

And our KD Riflemen:

"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Mixed Metaphor

What an awesome weekend!  The weather was great.  The CMP Marksmanship Park at Talladega is a phenomenal range complex.  The staff are all wonderful people.  The instructors have a knack for making an already enjoyable event even more fun.  I had the pleasure of speaking with all of shooters, some more than others and that was very enjoyable for me. 

Each time I attend an Appleseed event I learn and see where I want to improve.  Each time I attend an Appleseed event I meet great people.  I look forward to the next one!
May Liberty Increase,

J. Gary Smith

Alabama

frequentflier

It was an awesome weekend for shooting  :---, it was also fun to get to do the KD with my husband. We both had fun...
Everyone did great and I think we all learned some valuable lessons on learning our rifles and sights/scopes. I enjoyed the hidden target activity and shooting out to 600 was great. It is always a pleasure working with the Appleseed Instructors, I always go away knowing I have made the right decision of joining this great family. 
"STAND your ground, Don't Fire, Unless Fired Upon, But if they mean to have a war, Let it begin here"
Capt. John Parker, April 19 1775

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again."
Thomas Paine
Rifleman on June 26 with a score of 211
IIT 0 9/22/2016
IIT 1 10/03/2016
IIT 2 10/14/2016
Long Distance 10/30/2016