News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

HAT CREEK, CA OCT 29-30

Started by NorCal22Gal, November 01, 2016, 11:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Well fall was definitely in the air this weekend. It was rather liquid at times too...

Chilly, rainy, sunny, warmer, breezy, cloudy...we had it all.  We are fortunate to have a covered, cement shooting line and  the club scoring room (complete with wood stove and chalk board) to use.  We stayed fairly dry and certainly warm for IMC and lunch.

8 students on Saturday and 5 on Sunday.

Most of the students were returning for another go at the Rifleman patch.  We had 3 new faces.

Everyone was ready to learn and the groups got smaller as the day went on.  Even our new students were taking what we were teaching and putting it to good use on the squares, including the fall "squares" (spider, pumpkins and witches).

Our lunch break came just in time to get out of the showers and warm up a bit.  Eaglescouter set the stage for the first & second strikes that I told.

Then it was back out to the line and some more shooting. 

We were able to get in 3 AQT's.  Geraldine, a returning shooter, scored Rifleman on all three...217, 227 & 235!!  The rest of the scores were pretty good as well.

Scoutcamper finished our history with the third strike after the final red coat.

I ended the day by presenting our lone youth, Hunter, a well deserved Young Patriots award.

Geraldine asked for and was given a shiny orange hat!!  Welcome aboard!!

Sunday started out nice and clear, then got cloudy, then just about lunch started to rain.  That didn't stop the 5 returning students from working on what they needed to work on to get the groups smaller yet.

Geraldine started the morning off by clearing the red coat!!  She posted a rifleman score for every aqt we did that day.  Scores ranged from 211 to 233!

Scott came ever soooo close with a 209!

Ryan had scores from 177 to 191 soooo close!

Shane and Michael were getting up there too. 

Next time guys, next time.

I want to thank you all for coming out and making this a wonderful event.  Hope to see you again soon, with friends and family!

Thank you for staying and helping us clean up, many hands make that job go much quicker.

Thank you to my instructors, without you, I couldn't do this.

The book I spoke to a few of you about:
Paul Revere's Ride by David Hackett-Fischer
Washington's Crossing by the same author is another good one.

Instructors for the weekend:

Laurie                    NorCal22Gal  Shoot Boss
Joe                          eaglescouter
Matthew                Scoutcamper
Steve                      TallSteve
April             April 6 Showers

5akman

Sounds like a great weekend !! Was this a KD event or 25yd?

TallSteve

April and I enjoyed being IIT's at this event.  Everyone was great.  The weather was not bad at all (considering the covering and stove).  We got in a bit of shooting with our new rifle.  Thanks everyone for your participation.  I look forward to helping in Red Bluff in November. 

To answer the question from the previous commenter, this was a 25 meter event. 
The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed -- where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees*. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

-- Justice Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court, 2003