News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bunnell, FL October 29-30, 2016

Started by FLawyer, October 31, 2016, 06:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FLawyer

The first Appleseed event on the new Action Bay area at Flagler Gun Club was truly memorable for the shooters who attended and received almost one on one instruction for the weekend from a great group of instructors.  Thanks to TomM1Thumb for bringing the 4" x 4" posts and the small pumpkins.  Our team event on Sunday allowed the shooters to actually shoot a pumpkin on a post....  I know there are pictures out there...

Congratulations to new Rifleman Dave!.  Dave shot a very respectable 200 on the only AQT from Saturday and returned determined on Sunday.  His scores fluctuated throughout the day, with an honorable mention on the 7th AQT of the grind (a rapid AQT).  (On earlier targets "someone" kept "helping" him on stage 1.  Hard to put 12 or 13 shots into stage one with one 10 round Ruger magazine. The "someone" was sure it was not them although only having 8 or 7 shots on stage 1 seemed conclusive to everyone else...)  We move his target farther from his neighbor and somehow he shot stages 1, 2, 3 and the first shot of stage 4 on his own target.  He then shot the rest of stage 4 on the blank target on the next backer over. 84 points with 9 shots on that target.  IF, IF combined with the score from the other target it would have been 212.  Oh well, he would just have to not make that mistake again.  After a break where the pumpkins were shot from the posts, on the final AQT of the day he put it all together on one target (with no help from anyone) and shot a very respectable 217!  Huzzah.

More comments later, but I wanted to get this started and provide a location for the photos and comments of others.

All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!

Texas T

Way to go, Dave. Persistence pays off.  Great job. As the saying goes, with "friends" like this...   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Dougboffl

Sorry I missed it, sounds like it was a scream!

(see what I did there,
Halloween,
scream)

FLawyer

Attached to this update are "reduced" size photos taken by TomM1Thumb. 

All men have been endowed by their Creator with the unalienable right to keep and bear arms.  All we have do is protect it.

Molon Labe!