News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hernando, FL 10/30/2016

Started by PHenry, October 31, 2016, 05:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

Huzaaah! Great people, great weather and a great event. Even tough guy Alkeford told me this event lifted his spirit, though perhaps not in those words exactly. Three'oEight emaield me today to say how much he enjoyed it as well. So it's unanimous - the instructors had a great weekend. Now, we just need the students to chime in with a thumbs up or down and let us know if we are crazy or not.  ^-^

We had two repeat Riflemen in Rich and Richard, with several others knocking at the Rifleman door.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow, along with some added comments, but I wanted to get this thread going so shooters and my fellow instructors could comment.

Huzaaah!
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Texas T

Congrats to Rich and Richard.   O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

TheBeak

Great event, great instructors... you guys should be proud of yourselves... you told the stories with real passion (no fake or forced emotional content) and did a great time working with us, especially your newer students.  I got to have a great refresher from my previous Appleseed (and enjoyed another day taking home a rifleman score!) despite my frustrations with my rifles "moodiness" on day two.  (Plus now I have an excuse to give it that fluf and buff I was putting off) ...

Anyway... thanks again guys... I had a blast!!
'till next time,

Rich K.

308LIBERTY

We also had a third repeat rifleman, with Charlie, who I believe scored Rifleman with his lowest score of the day and capping it off to beat his (and my own) high score, bringing home a 240. Nice job.
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

PHenry

Yeah, but it was a 22 and he's technically an orange hat. Not saying it doesn't count - just being a crusty old-school shoot boss.  ~~:)
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

308LIBERTY

Hahah. Now, if we could just get him to wear it. ;)

Quote from: PHenry on November 03, 2016, 11:16:37 AM
Yeah, but it was a 22 and he's technically an orange hat. Not saying it doesn't count - just being a crusty old-school shoot boss.  ~~:)
"We have always looked upon men as a set of beings naturally free - that a people can never be divested of those invaluable rights and liberties which are necessary to the happiness of individuals, to the well-beings of communities or to a well regulated state, but by their own negligence, imprudence, timidity or rashness. They are seldom lost, but when foolishly forfeited or tamely resigned." ~Jonas Clarke

charlie don,t surf

:bow: :bow: :bow:THANK GENTLEMEN FOR AGAIN RUNNING A TOP NOTCH AND CLASSY SAFE VERY INSTRUCTIONAL APPLESEED!!!!! I PERSONALLY ENJOYED THE PEOPLE AND ENTIRE EVENT.... THANK YOU DWIGHT, ARCH AND TREY    EXCELLENT JOB....    P.S. I STARTED WITH MY CENTER FIRE RIFLE AND STARTED HAVING ISSUES AND SWITCHED TO MY BACK UP .22, BUT NEXTED TIME I WILL TRY AND MAKE P.HENRY PROUD WITH A REPEAT ATTEMPT CENTER FIRE ONLY OK.     HEE HEEE !!!!! I HAD A GREAT TIME ;D