News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wilmington, OH - AAR- 29-30 October 2016

Started by Longrifleman, October 30, 2016, 09:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Longrifleman

Clinton County Farmers and Sportsmen's Association played host to fourteen motivated, liberty minded shooters to cap off a very successful year for Appleseed in Ohio!

Saturday started warm and sunny as redcoats were engaged and instruction was undertaken. Noontime brought forth a chilling dose of real American history over delicious hot lunch provided by John and Angie in the clubhouse. AQTs became the focus in the sweltering late October heat after lunch, leading a re-qualifying 216 for Matt (GoodOldFriend on the forum) and a valiant effort by all. The day closed with our PM Redcoat and the tale of bravery and sacrifice from that fateful day in April of '75.

Sunday's skies brought more of the same unseasonably hot weather as our shooters returned to forge ahead with AQTs. A quick review and the grind was ON! Six AQTs were hammered out with our only respite coming in the form of another wonderful hot lunch (mixed of course with tales of Dangerous Old Men and Tenacious Women of Old New England) and a team exercise in Redcoat Destruction. Jim, Matt and Leigh Anne dominated the field for the victory earning respect and admiration along the way from all competitors!

Ah, those poor Redcoats didn't stand a chance as we closed the event with fantastic improvement made by all!

Thanks to the Lester family, Our Dangerous young men from Kentucky Nate and Mike with their friend Nelson, Julie and Eric, Kirk, Tom and Jim for braving the perfect weather and burning up the ammo like true American Patriots! Special thanks to our team of dedicated Appleseed Instructors who helped make CCFSA in Wilmington, OH a great place to Appleseed this year!
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

Del

Great group of shooters

DGMilty

Glad to spend another weekend with like minded Patriots!  I appreciate everyone's positive attitude and persistence throughout the weekend.  Keep up the hard work, and hope to see you all again on the Appleseed Trail very soon!

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Texas T

GoodOldFriend, congrats on showing what practice and tenacity can do. I know that you have spent a great deal of time and effort, and to do it at two different events tells me that you've gotten it. Well done!   :bow:

Would Leigh Anne be Leannie Oakley, our new Orange Hat?
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

goodoldfriend

Texas T,

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate it. I still have a long way to go but I am getting there.

Leigh Anne at this shoot is referring to my daughter.

Since I was shooting at this event I have a shooter's view report. I want to let everyone know that the group of instructors that worked the event are superb. I noticed them taking time with ALL shooters who needed help becoming more proficient behind the trigger. Heck, they even took a moment or two to help me both days. I was shooting OK on Saturday and did meet the mark on the evening AQT. Sunday I was struggling most of the day especially with the seated course of fire. Besides not shooting well seated I was suffering from lack of focus issues. I thought I was "in the bubble" but clearly I wasn't. I recovered with a couple nudges from the instructors and was able to meet the mark again on the last AQT Sunday.

Thanks again to the instructors for helping me and the other shooters learn and stay safe.
1st Appleseed 11/23/2012, Crittenden, KY
2nd Appleseed 7/16/2016, Wilmington, OH
3rd Appleseed 10/2/2016, Newark, OH
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Double00Buckeye

This past weekend was an outstanding learning experience and I truly appreciate all that the staff did to direct the "firehouse" of info. I went from a target where most of the redcoats were able to fight another day to a target where I cleared the redcoats and cleared a shingle. Unfortunately I did not achieve the patch on this Appleseed, but it has inspired me to continue practicing and refining the fundamentals that I have been taught. I look forward to working hard this winter and joining the rifleman ranks in the spring.  Thanks again for the great weekend!!!
1st Appleseed Oct 29-30 2016 (1st Redcoat)
2nd Appleseed Mar 18-19 2017 (1st Rifleman)

goodoldfriend

Double00Buckeye,

Keep at it, you will earn the patch if you do as instructed. I am sorry I didn't have a lot of time to meet and talk with you, I was on a different mission.

I am a member at the Wilmington range and can be out there almost any Sunday. I don't know how far your travel distance is but I would be glad to shoot with you sometime.

Keep practicing,
Goodoldfriend
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016

Longrifleman

I neglected to mention that goodoldfriend deserves the thanks and appreciation of us all for he is a man who knows what he is about and has accepted an orange hat!

Thanks for stepping up goodoldfriend. Your efforts will pay off through the forging of new Riflemen that will carry our cause forward for years to come.

See you on the trail!
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

Texas T

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

goodoldfriend

It is my pleasure, I have learned so much from Appleseed about our country's heritage, myself, and shooting. I want to work on passing this along.

See you soon.
Rifleman (213) 10/2/2016