News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Member Introductions

Started by scout74, October 28, 2016, 12:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scout74

Hi fellow CT Rifleman,

My first shoot was 4/16-4/17 of this year, Patriot's day! The event was held at Colebrook,CT, SB TominCT. It was a great event! I very much enjoyed the 3 strikes story telling, was a good break of pace from the marksmanship drills. The orange and red hats were great, each had plenty of experience w/ regards to their current level at the time. Long story short... I joined the RWVA on the second day and knew I wanted to earn my Rifleman patch and give back as so many before me have. I have attended 3 Appleseeds to date and earned my Rifleman score this past week in Mansfield, MA, not far from where the events discussed at Appleseed actually happened. Although I had some issues with counting, lol, I not only shot Rifleman once but twice with a 213 and a 211!

I look forward to meeting/working with you on and off the line as great recruiters of this great organization!! Hoping to have this forum active with great stories, experiences, mentoring and learning for fellow recruiters to learn and share. Please check out the CT facebook page I admin, https://www.facebook.com/AppleseedCT/ like and share if you have an account. This is not the facebook page created several years back. I started the page after my first seed because I noticed it was not active any longer.

Big thank you to TominCt for putting me through the paces, look forward to the mentoring as I progress through the ranks to shoot boss!

-Russell (scout74)
10/22/16 Rifleman

"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty." Thomas Jefferson
"You'll have noise soon enough,the regulars are out!" Paul Revere
"The first man who turns to run, I will shoot down myself.  Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean for a war let it begin here." Capt. John Parker

https://www.facebook.com/AppleseedCT/

Charles McKinley

Welcome and Thank You for picking up the social media banner.

Hope to see you on the trail.

Chuck
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Blue 2

My first and only shoot so far was from 5/16 - 5/17/2016 up in Peterborough, New Hampshire.  The original plan was to attend my first one in Connecticut.  Unfortunately they were all sold out by the time I went to sign up.  I had a week of Vacation coming to me so I decided to widen my search to the nearby New England states and found that one.  Lou and his crew were all outstanding in their instruction on all points.  I ended up shooting a 215 on the second day.  It was amazing how much progress I had made in such a short period of time, but it's also clear how much farther I need to go.

The RWVA seems like a great organization.   I also enjoyed the Three Strikes of the Match as well as the general camaraderie of the group.   I signed up for, but was unable to attend, a second Appleseed here in Connecticut this summer.  I don't think I can make the November date due to other obligations, but I'm considering the Winterseed.

- Dan

scout74

Chuck thanks for the welcome, definitely hope to see you on the line some time!

-Russell
10/22/16 Rifleman

"The first man who turns to run, I will shoot down myself.  Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean for a war let it begin here." Capt. John Parker

scout74

Dan,

Outstanding score first time out!  Sure we'll catch up some time over this coming year. Winterseed feb25/2017!  Going to be great!!

-Russell
10/22/16 Rifleman

su:)

Hello and nice to meet you all!! I'm a new CT Appleseeder. My first shoot was last week in Tallahassee 1/29/2017. My boyfriend and I went for the Rifleman Boot Camp and both scored Rifleman. He is on the forum as "Huysman". The first day of boot camp I barely broke 100 on the AQT, but by the end I had a high score of 221 using my all-stock Ruger 10/22 carbine with iron sights. I was 1 point short of the Long Range patch on the KD but Huysman got his long range patch. *shakes fist @ him* We had little knowledge about marksmanship before the RBC and it's amazing how much improvement we saw over 6 days. I'm very impressed with the quality of instruction and the attention to safety shown by all the Appleseed instructors. Also they are just fantastic people.

We both joined RWVA, became Orange Hats, and would like to lend a hand at Winterseed Feb 25, 2017. Will you take us on? (If yes, I have questions about how to sign up  as an IIT.)

:))
Su:)

scout74

Hi Su,

Outstanding on the RBC! Pleasure to have you join the CT cadre.  If you go to the tips on the forum it should bring you up the instructor site. Click the header sign up. Then pick CT and you can sign up for any shoots which are scheduled.

Scout74
10/22/16 Rifleman