News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Norman Oklahoma (TCGC) October 29-30

Started by Scarecrow, October 27, 2016, 11:59:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scarecrow

Bump to top, pictures coming up soon.

Sheaman

Hello!
I'm new to Appleseed and attended my first event today.

Norman, Oklahoma was warm, sunny and had gusty winds. I'd call Thad weather cooperative and the Tri City Gun Club an excellent location.

Will, Daniel, Kevan and Andy were very personable and kept the firing line very safe. The instruction was too notch and improvements were made throughout our group of about twenty.

The full day flew by with us busy the entire time. I am eager for tomorrow as today has given me a great deal of information to fully understand, so a back to back training session is the "drilling" I need to make this improvement in my skills permanent.

It was an event that I have gained an appreciation for the legacy of our American heritage that was not present in any of my government school history classes. Having brought my high school age son with me to this Appleseed, our understanding of the American Revolution and the War of Independence has become something which we will have an ongoing conversation and investigation to share.

Thank You Appleseed! Your existence is very necessary. Our future direction is more certain when we know our past. And knowing our past will ensure our future.

Rev.357

Welcome Shaman! What was your favorite part of the history ?
He that beliveth on the Son hath everlasting life: John 3:36
Life: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Galatians 5:1
Liberty: Endowed by our Creator, made possible by Christ the Lord.

Repent yet therefore, and be converted, Acts 3:19
Pursuit of Happiness: Endowed by our Creator, coined by John Locke, made possible by Christ our Lord.

Author of: "Ad  Hoc,  Post Hoc; Educational Programs In Camping." Christian Education Journal, Winter 1993.
Author of: Interpersonal Physics: Authority Statics and Effectivity Dynamics as Factors of Influence. Wheaton,  IL: UMI 1991.

cd45

This was my second event. I still did not make Rifleman.
Next time for sure. Will, Dan, Kevan, and Andy were very good.
They kept everything moving and everyone motivated.
I plan to attend the next event. I can't wait.

Vieja Loca

This was my second Appleseed, and, like my buddy, CD45, I didn't qualify this time, either! But not for lack of trying, just lack of skill. And I will be working on that, Dan and Will helped me with better fitment of the weapon, and I had good optics this time, and finally things started to fall into place. I learned more this time about how I need to arrange myself for stability, (relax) practiced my NPOA, and a lot more. I had so much fun, I met quite a few really great people, (Hi to Electra ) and I will definitely be back for the next Appleseed, I want to EARN MY PATCH!!!!
If you are not willing to fight for what is right, how can you expect others to fight for you?

Scarecrow

pics from Sunday

Scarecrow

henschman

Had a great time with a great bunch of shooters.  Everybody worked hard and showed lots of improvement.  TCGC were great hosts as always.  I hope to see everybody again on the firing one soon!
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

Doc H

Hello Everybody,

This was my second Appleseed. This time I brought my two sons and a friend of ours. We all had a great time and all benefited from the very consistent and high quality instruction. Hats off and thanks to Will, Daniel, Kevan and Andy for a fine job teaching, encouraging and running a safe range. Congratulations to my son Peter who made the grade on Saturday, to my son Phillip who shot a 200 with iron sights on Sunday and to our friend Brad who has only been shooting for a month and really made the most progress of all. Congratulations to everyone for the effort you put in-keep shooting, remember "perfect practice makes perfect". It will pay off!! FYI Academy has some pretty good prices on .22lr and you can buy 1000 rounds/person/day. Might be a good time to stock up.