News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Indianapolis, IN Oct 22-23 2016

Started by 2 clicks low, October 25, 2016, 01:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

What a great weekend. 13 shooters from 7 to 71 eager to learn. And learn they did.
Got 1 rifleman on Saturday.
4 returned on Sunday, a truly glorious sunny day to give us 2 more rifleman. A couple more in the wings for the next shoot.

Great help from Lonestar6 and Brother Bill 3. You make my job easy.

Thanks to all

2 clicks low
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

MrSmitty

My son and I just completed our first, and by no means our last Appleseed, we attended the shoot at Red Brush Rifle rage in Newburgh, In I'm new to this forum, and still feeling  everything out. I loved the Appleseed, and can't wait to shoot again, and get that Rifleman patch!!!! I shot a score of 177 on Sunday, and 165 on Saturday!!

Tundra Badger

Quote from: MrSmitty on October 25, 2016, 09:37:46 PM
My son and I just completed our first, and by no means our last Appleseed, we attended the shoot at Red Brush Rifle rage in Newburgh, In I'm new to this forum, and still feeling  everything out. I loved the Appleseed, and can't wait to shoot again, and get that Rifleman patch!!!! I shot a score of 177 on Sunday, and 165 on Saturday!!

Mr Smitty come on over to the Evansville In Red Brush After action report.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=49905.0

Dan Tundra Badger
Rifleman May, 23 2015
Red coat cleared May, 23 2015
Kd July, 24 2016

BrotherBill3

Awesome weekend!  History, Heritage and Marksmanship - ran together - though out the weekend.

As noted we had 3 new riflemen:

1 Saturday:

2 Sunday:

We had some GREAT AMERICAN HISTORY told by Lonestar 6:

We had a few youth (photography skill failed on that photo).
These kids were really working it - I saw GREAT improvement from the opening salvo to the last rounds.
They were learning and applying - despite getting worn our by the end of the day -
I think they all have a rifleman hiding in side somewhere.

We had redcoats in the morning:

Very Awesome, Tiring Days - But REJUVENATING -

I hope to see you all back on a line again - with more friends.

Also on Sunday - we had a few "Fast AQT's" by your truly ... as instructed by our SB and with the benefit of the small line Sunday.

I was skeptical at first that I could pull this off. - then I ran the first one; and improved on #2; had issues on #3 (FTF); ran a square in prep for # 4. ahhhh #4.

I remember this one because I was laughing as I was in cadence, in my bubble, standing there, firing;
imagining hearing the echo of a company of riflemen, with US Rifle, 30 caliber, M1;
and noting that others were still on stage 4, where I started 30 some round ago.

Rifleman's Cadence, NPOA, Focus, Trigger Control, Follow through, - All come together and boom:

That's a 211 if I count right. Push yourself; surprise yourself.

Thanks Lonestar and 2 clicks low for helping make this happen.
Thanks to all the others there - for making it a great weekend with your attention.

2 clicks low

Yes brother bill 3, there is a method to my madness.  ~~:)
You didn't believe it could be done.
Have to make sure EVERYONE learns something at my shoots.
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne