News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Fresno, CA Oct 22-23, 2016

Started by Krahnic, October 25, 2016, 12:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krahnic

It was an excellent weekend for shooting.  Weather was great.  Had 11 fantastic shooters, and 4 top notch instructors to help me (thanks for the help!).

Both Josh, a return Appleseeder, and Dan, a first timer, scored rifleman on the very first AQT for the weekend.  Dan continued to get the Rifleman score on every AQT on Saturday.  Unfortunately, he was unable to return on Sunday.  Then Robert requalified on Sunday, and Kyle, also a first time Appleseeder, got his rifleman's patch!  Great work guys!  Keep it up: persistence is key.

Robert also expressed interested in becoming an instructor to help carry on the tradition!

I had a great time.  Hope to see you guys at the next event.
"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." - Ronald Reagan

Texas T

Congrats to our new riflemen!!  Dan, first time out of the gate is very impressive. Great job. O0
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."  Mark Twain

First Appleseed, September 26-27, 2015;   First Rifleman, September 27, 2015;   First Redcoat, September 27, 2015;   Second Rifleman, September 27, 2015

Thanks Corvette, great instruction!!!

MI IBC, February 2017

Gebogen

I really have a hard time understanding why this event wasn't totally packed. The instructor student ratio was better than any class I have taken in, well, ever. Between the amount of coaching and the trigger time (about 600 rounds over the whole weekend) I was kind of embarrassed I did not qualify the first day. That's not arrogant, the instructors were just that good. I am already working on a couple of my buddies with kids to attend the next Fresno event. I wanted to say, "Thank You", again to the instructors, it was a really outstanding event that went way above and beyond my expectations.

KC