News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hurlburt AFB, Florida Oct 22-23 2016

Started by Engineer shooting, October 24, 2016, 02:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

Hurlburt AFB what a great experience at the on base Rifle and Pistol Club. A Rifleman persists and for two shooters this was their fourth event and both scored at this event HUZZAH! A young girl came requalified giving dad another lesson in shooting, shoot like a girl, if you can! One new Orange Hat along with a couple more requalified and another Rifleman badge.

The staff of Chuck, Kim, George and Lori deserve endless praise.

A comment "those that can't teach" was overheard. Action speaking loader than words, all the Instructors got down and let their scores speak for themselves. Chuck scored with three different rifles.

In an unusual start all the shooters were shooting 10-22's on 10-22!

If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

PHenry

Quoteall the Instructors got down and let their scores speak for themselves. Chuck scored with three different rifles.
^-^

I know a shoot boss that always starts his events by shooting a redcoat or an AQT as time allows to make sure the students know we can walk what we talk. I hate to spend the time, but it is critical, at least for some, that they see the teacher as knowing more than the student.

When I was but a very green IIT back in 2008, the range owner had failed to make score, despite a lifetime of shooting, and he asked to see an instructor do it. That task fell to the lowest man on the pole and that was me. I gathered my rifle and some ammo, very nervous, not in possibly embarrassing my own self, but in letting my mentor, who was running the event down. Rapid fire AQT, all in a row with no breaks in between and no scoring until I was finished.

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

gunjunkie

What a wonderful weekend, the weather was great and the shooters all brought teachable attitudes. It doe's my heart good to see so many determined to achieve greatness with a rifle. There is much to be said about perseverance and it was great to see it pay off for two and for a few others to come so close. I know they will try again and again, until they too get that patch.
I would like to thank Ken and Lori for coming and for all they do. I am honored to have them as mentors, great folks!         
Be aware of yourself and everything around you.

Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom! Thomas Jefferson

We shall pass this way on earth but once, if there is a kindness we can show, or act we can do, let us do it now,for we will never pass this way again.
Stephen Grellet

Engineer shooting

Special HUZZAH to Stan for persistence Rifleman on his fourth event 210 received the North Bridge water!
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

JustKim

AWESOME Weekend!  Beautiful weather - Congrats to Tim (new orange hat), Hugh, Stan and Chuck B. (new Rifleman patches), and all who requalified (Meredith).  Lots of progress was made by all others -- Groups shrank and scores increased.  Looking forward to seeing everyone back at Hurlburt Field in November!  We always have a great turn out with great attitudes.
ACCEPT YOUR WOBBLE!

It's not about perfection -- it's about progress!!

I LOVE this stuff!

"Perhaps you and I have lived with this miracle too long to be properly appreciative. Freedom is a fragile thing and is never more than one generation away from extinction. It is not ours by inheritance; it must be fought for and defended constantly by each generation, for it comes only once to a people. Those who have known freedom and then lost it have never known it again."  Ronald Reagan

Hugh.Sutherland

I want to thank Ken, Lori, Chuck, Kim and George for a job well done.  I had a great time and relearned sling techniques I had not done in 40 years.  My impression of my fellow shooters was that they too had a great time.  This won't be the only time you see me at an Appleseed event and I highly encourage those sitting on the fence to give it a try.  All the best, Hugh