News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ramseur 10-16 Rifleman Boot Camp

Started by Engineer shooting, October 24, 2016, 02:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Engineer shooting

AWESOME experience I'll let the campers speak the good, the bad and the ugly. The crew of Cindy, Terry and Lori get all credit their knowledge and hard work made this a wonderful time. I'll take all blame except for the condition of the range comments.

Shooter   Rate the boot camp experience 1-10       Rifleman   New KD         Comments
                                                                                                     Qual              
1                             10                                                YES                         Appreciated the Instruction
2                             10                                                YES                         Appreciated the Instruction
3                             10                                                YES                         Good instruction, physically challenging
4                             10                                                Requal                      Outstanding Instruction. The range could use some maintenance
5                             10                                                                               Loved the history. The range could use some maintenance
6                               9                                                YES                         Challenging
7                             10                                                Requal           YES     Challenging
8                               8                                                YES                         I had a blast and learned a ton...great time!
9                            9.5                                                Requal           YES     Liked the KD lecture. Deducted 0.5 points because I had to drive home some evenings!
10                            10                                                Requal           YES     Liked got two days of KD.
11                            10                                                Requal                      Like lots of hands on instruction
12                            10                                                Requal                      Loved BSZ life changing.
13                              1                                                                                 Very disappointed with the boot camp experience
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Polonius

It was an outstanding boot camp. Instruction was great - paced and explained so both experienced and inexperienced shooters got the most possible. My son and I will look forward to Engineer Shooting's next boot camp here.

Henry Foxall

A long week, but would go back in a New York minute! Outstanding instruction by the cadre, lots of rounds downrange, many new Orange hats accepted! THANK YOU for your time and effort in sponsoring and running the Boot Camp - will endeavor to make the next one, and bring a friend/family!
"Tell the men to fire faster and not give up the ship. Fight her till she sinks!"(Attributed to Captain James Lawrence, USS Chesapeake v HMS Shannon, June 1st, 1813)

The ship is sinking - bailers needed. Apply here!

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Engineer shooting

Special HUZZAH to Will, birthday cake (13), new Orange Hat, first to score on the KD range (36 of 40 hits) followed by Dad and Jordan. Scored a 246 all time high at 25 meters!
If I knew the world would perish tomorrow, I would still plant my apple tree.        Martin Luther

Engineer shooting

The award for the furthest distance goes to Jordan who drove from Washington State!  O0 O0

PHenry

Way to go Willllllllllbbbbbbbbuuuurrrrrrrrr!

Speaking of Wilbur, Polonius is the onliest man I ever met who knows all of the words to the Mr Ed show.  ^-^
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

MinuteManMike

Thank you so much to Ken, Terry, Cindy and Lori for the instruction, inspiration and patience.  I had a wonderful time.  Apologies if my stress was ever contagious.

Many thanks to Smiling Jeff for loaning me his scoped rifle.  My eye almost got me there, but it was dang tough with the smaller targets.

This bootcamp was easily one of the best bargains I've ever found and I will spread the word whenever I can.

But NEXT time, I will sort all my gear out before I get there, re-qualify 1st day, clear my 1st Lobsterback AND score the KD patch too!
Born 2.3 miles from where the SHRTW rang out.  The echoes there still ring.

Engineer shooting

Engineer shooting

Pictures

MinuteManMike

I do not recall who ran the cameras when I got my orange hat, but if someone can share a pic, I'd appreciate it.  :)
Born 2.3 miles from where the SHRTW rang out.  The echoes there still ring.