News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Holland, MI. Oct 22 & 23, 2016

Started by Graywolf, October 24, 2016, 12:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graywolf

We had a great weekend in Holland!  We had 32 shooters fill the lines for this sold out shoot.  The range was well suited for our purpose and the weather could not have been better.  It was a fantastic time of learning, camaraderie, and celebrating our heritage as Americans.

Congratulations to Eric, Mackenzie, Tim, and Rod on scoring rifleman!  Well done!  I should note that Mackenzie shot a rifleman score three times on a bolt action rifle.  (She also scored a 209 on the 4th AQT.)  Watching her work that bolt was watching pure art in motion.  I should also note that Tim and Eric also scored rifleman 3 times, clearly displaying their rifleman skills.  We had a number of other shooters knocking on the door of a rifleman's score and I am sure they will score soon.  Keep at it!!  A rifleman persists!

I want to the thank the Chick-Owa range for hosting us.  You have a fantastic venue and it was a joy to use.  I want to also thank the local Well Armed Woman chapter for sponsoring the event.  I know you all put in a huge amount of extra work to make this event happen.  Thank you so much for all you did and all you do to support not only our program but 2nd Amendment issues as well.  Lastly, I want to thank my instructor crew for all they did this weekend.  Without your skills and dedication this event could never have been the successful event it was.  You are the best of the best.

I know that there was a number of pictures taken, so if you have them post them up!
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

"There ain't no easy horses.  Learn to ride."  S.K.B.

BeeFree

That was more fun than I've had in 2 years.  ;D   And the eagle landing during the History was a SIGN!  We need a flag-waving emoji here!
Looking forward to seeing all those shooters again SOON! :---
BeeFree, because B comes before F  >:D

Make Orwell Fiction Again!

Corvette

FreeBee :wb: (i mean BeeFree) is right, that bald eagle showing up just as we started the Third Strike was moving.

Great weather, shooters, food and AS team makes for one enjoyable weekend. Thanks for letting me boarder raid.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

:pics:

Come on folks, where are the pictures?

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Rita

What a great time. Thanks for letting me help and learn. TWAW ladies are all I have for pics. BTW, this is like the 5th or 6th Appleseed I have been to where a Bald Eagle has made an appearance during the Strikes. Coincidence??? Me thinks not.